The Aftermath and Party At Neverland

THE NEXT MORNING EARLY….

Michael was still asleep holding Michelle in his arms when Michelle sat up with a start.

Michelle; OMG!! Ooohh….my head, she swallows hard. Looking around seeing Michael laying next to her. GET OFF ME!!!! GET OFF ME!!! HOW COULD YOU!!?? She slaps him shoving him away. Michael wakes with a start.

Michael; WHAT??!! he jumps up. What happened?? What are you saying/?  He looks at Michelle with hurt eyes.

Michelle; YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME!! YOU KNEW I WAS DRUNK!!! Holding her head. She’s running around the room getting dressed.

Michael wraps a sheet around him. NO…NO I DIDN’T!! I’D NEVER DO THAT!!!

Michelle; LIKE HELL YOU WOULDN’T!! YOU ARE JUST LIKE DANIEL!! I HATE YOU DON’T TOUCH ME EVER. EVER AGAIN. Uuuggghhh. Grabbing her head again. She is hung over and nauseous.

Michael; I HAVE NEVER TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF A WOMAN….EVER!!! COUNTRY DON'T MEAN DUMB!!! WHO THE FUCK IS DANIEL???!!! YOU ASKED ME TO, I asked you several times if you were sure. Damn!! I knew you were just playing me. How could I be so stupid to think you’d ever care for me at all. He hangs his head. Looking up at her. You are just a cold bitch aren’t you!!?? His eyes hold a hurt look.

Michelle; ME!!!??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT ME TO YOUR PLACE!! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO PUSHED HIMSELF ON ME!! YOU FEEL ANYTHING FOR ANYONE. HA!! THAT’S A LAUGH!! I DON’T PLAY PEOPLE!! BEEN THERE DONE THAT!! WON’T EVER DO AGAIN!! NO MAN IS EVER GOING TO DO THIS TO ME AGAIN!! She showed him the scars from Daniel’s cuts.

Michael; his eyes wide. He never noticed them last night. He was taken by her beauty and love. yes. Love. he knows now it is love too. But still fears some is still alcohol induced and pride. I would NEVER do that. He stood up to reach for her.

Michelle; Jumping away. DON’T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY PIG!! I HATE YOU. GOD WHAT WAS I DRINKING THAT WOULD MAKE ME WANT TO EVEN BE NEAR ANOTHER MAN LIKE DANIEL, LIKE YOU!! UUUGGGHHH…. ‘ she burst into tears and leaves the house she was going to call a cab and get back to her car.

Michael sat on his bed his head lowered. How is it that such a beautiful night can end in an awful morning? Tears fill his eyes. He’s hurt, he’s angry and he’s unsure if not maybe he was wrong to love her, or maybe it was the alcohol that drove him to do it. Did he tell her he loved her? Michael tries to remember if he did. He knows he thought he felt it. Tears spill over as he cries. What was he thinking that he could ever have love here in the city, where everyone is always in a hurry, always pushing and shoving. Rude and hateful to each other. Wiping his eyes, he gets in the shower and gets ready to leave to Los Olivos. He’s already late but had no appointments til 1 pm and only 6.

Michelle gets home and lays on her bed. She can’t stop crying. She must have been crazy. Gave in to him in a weakened moment. But, still, it felt good to be held, to be caressed in his arms. Michael was so tender and gentle. He said he loved her. Stop Michelle!! He said that so he can get into your pants. And he did, didn’t he? Michelle lays there and cries until she has no tears left and cries herself to sleep.

Pauline; Hey Michael!! How are you? Missed you. Kissing his cheek.

Michael: smiling slightly, hugging her, hey Pauline. It’s good to be home.

Pauline; Hey, you okay? Frowning.

Michael; he knows she senses he’s hurting, Oh, I’m fine. I’m just tired. This week was a monster. So many admitals. We are really full. Then there is a new head nurse who just, shaking his head, licking his lips, thinking I love her, she just undermines everything I try to do to help those children. Then we got a burn victim last night. It looks as if they were done on purpose to the boy.