Tempers Flare.....A Surprised Kiss

Michael comes upstairs a few minutes after she did. He heads right to his office to begin his day. He can hear her in her office on the phone about her car and feels a pang of quilt. Then he steels himself and gets to work. Finishing his work as quickly as he could. Michael wants to get down to his patients, Today he wanted to focus on the burn and Cancer floors. Those children really needed some attention. Just so they know someone cares. He has a skin graft to do today at 11 am. Grabbing his lab coat he heads down to the floors.

Michelle: What do you mean someone called to have it towed? Why? Who? When?

Voice on phone; Yesterday. The man said you were parking in a reserved spot that wasn’t yours and the car needed to towed as it’s not ther with permission. You were warned not to park there the man said. I don’t know lady. I get a call, I pick it up and take it away. Anything else, it’s the owners business.

Michelle; Well how do I get it back and where are you located?

Voice on phone; It’s a $250 fee for towing and storage. We are located at 8576 N. Dohenny Between Sunset and Wilshire.off Highland.

Michelle; Okay and you’re open till when?

Voice on phone; 6 pm We’re open from 7 am to 6 pm daily except Sundays.

Michelle; Okay thank you. I’ll be there as soon as I can. I need to find a way there.

Voice on phone. If you’re here by noon it’s only $250, after noon is another days storage fee and it will be $300.00 to pick up the car.

Michelle; Thank you. She hangs up.

Michelle had a skin graft in the morning and didn’t know if she would make it there on time or not. She wasn’t going to ask Michael again. He probably regrets picking her up and giving him a ride anyway. I…wait…he said a man called and told him the car was parked where it didn’t belong and that the spot wasn’t mine and I was told that. No, he wouldn’t would he. That son of a bitch! If he did, it’s on, damn prick!!

Walking down to the floors to start her rounds she stops on the Neonatal ward first. Looking around she sees the nurses being tender and attentive to the babies. This brings a soft smile to her lips. Good job guys the thinks. Walking over to the nurses station. She asks the nurse at the desk for the chart records.

Nurse Walters; Here you go Ms. Wilson.

Michelle; You can call me Michelle if you wish when patients aren’t around. Smiling.

Nurse Walters; nodding smiling slightly. I’m Sharon.

Michelle; Well it’s nice to meet you Sharon. Smiling then looking back at the charts.So we had 3 admittals over night?

Nurse Walters; Yes and one coming in soon they told us. Mother is in L & D right now. They baby’s 3 months early.

Michelle; Awww.. well keep me posted. We may need to pull some isolettes from Hollywood next door. They don’t have as many deliveries as we do normally and usually when they do, they send them to us anyway.

Nurse Walters; Okay I’ll call them and see if we can grab 4 from them?

Michelle; Four should be plenty. Then get some nurses from Registry. We are a bit short handed in all departments.

Nurse Walters. Okay Michelle. I’ll do it now.

Michelle; I have to find a way to Fox Towing get my car, It was towed in the parking lot yesterday and get back on time for surgery at 11. I have askine grafting.

Nurse Walters; I can take you. It’s break time for me in 5 min anyway.

Michelle; You don’t mind, Sharon?