The Proposal....Tramp of the Past....A Taste of The Country Life

Michelle; Do what baby?

Michael; Can you hand me my pants Diana?

Diana; Sure Michael, grabbing his pants out of the bag. Here you go Michael.

Michael; reaching into the pocket. I was going to do this tonight but,..pulling out a small box.

The girls in the room all gasped because they knew what Michael was about to do.

Michael; Michelle. Will you marry me?

Michelle; smiled. OH MY GOD!!! YES MICHAEL!! YES!!! Yes, I will marry you!! I love you! She kisses him tenderly

Michael; I love you Michelle; he kisses her back and slips the ring on her finger.

Their friends congratulated them and wished them well and then it was time for Diana to take Michelle back to her room before the nurses found out. She wasn’t supposed to be out of bed yet. They went home for the night and Michael and Michelle spoke on the phone all night until they drifted to sleep. They couldn’t be together this night because of hospital policies, however, they could talk to each other all night. Michael and Michelle fell asleep talking with each other.

Michelle; Neverland is so beautiful Michael. Your parents and you did a beautiful job on it. Looking out over the lands Michelle could not get use to the beauty and the calm she felt here.

Michael; Thank you love, holding her in his arms. Michael was so happy to be able to share this with the woman he loved.

Michelle; Michael?

Michael; Hmmm…

Michelle: Have you ever thought of maybe making this part of Neverland an area of children?

Michael; Children? Like how baby?

Michelle; Well, for terminal children who don’t have the means to go to the big amusement parks or who can’t do many things because or their illnesses. You know. Let them be normal again if only for a few hours.

Michael; Actually baby, I was planning that but more towards that area there but it would spread over to this area some. What do you think? Maybe a train station, bumper cars, a Ferris Wheel, an Octopus and Tilt a Whirl ride and a Carousel. You gotta have a Carousel ride with the calliope playing. Maybe a mini roller coaster and a giant slide? I’m so glad you see it too. Michael’s whole face lights up

Michelle; Oh baby! I love it! I’d love to help you do it. Michael we could set it up like a mini carnival. Cotton candy, ice cream, games like on a mid way.

Michael; mmmm…baby, you really are amazing. Let’s do it. I’ll ask Mac and Pauline during the week to check on the progress of it all going in and update us via email and photo messages so we know what’s happening.

Michelle; Okay baby. I’ll make some calls and see what I can find out while you are at work tomorrow. Turning to kiss him softly.

Michael; God baby, you are amazing. I love you so.

Michelle; I love you too darling. Smiling up at Michael.

Pauline; Ummm. Michael, I wanted to give you a heads up. She looked concerned.

Michael; Frowning, What is it Pauline? Concerned.

Pauline: Sighing, looking down. Carol Brown is in exam room 5. I know you said not to let her make an appointment but she was a walk in. She has a pretty bad cut on her arm. I…I..

Michael; It’s okay Pauline. I’ll see her. Thank you. Smiling at her but an uneasy feeling hits the pit of his stomach. He heads to the room.

Carol: Michael you have to help me! Look at my arm!!