A Love Realized......Is It Too Late?

Michael; Macauly; Don’t forget to get the pork rinds…laughing

Macauly; Oh jeez!! Duh!! When do I ever forget them??

Michael; Almost always! winking

Macauly; Lies!! Punching Michael in the arm playfully

Michael; I’m so glad I am off tomorrow. Want to go horseback riding tomorrow.

Macauly; Want company?

Michael: Nah, Mac. I need to do some thinking alone. Thank you for this week helping me with the ranch and all.

Macauly; Awww…Mike, that’s what friends are for. It’ll be good to have you back but, I really wish things in LA had worked for you.

Michael; It’s all good. Come on, let’s watch the game.

Macauly; Okay. Smiling

6 AM FRIDAY MORNING……

Michelle wakes up with a start. MICHAEL!! She is breathing heavily. Michelle is sweating. Michael she thinks, I can’t let him go. I have to tell him.She get’s up and get’s dressed and jumps in her car and drives. She heads to the 101 Fwy north. Her minds racing. All she can focus on is Michael.

Michael is working around the house getting ready to go for a ride on his horse. He picks up the hose outside and waters the plants around the house. He goes over to the stables and gets his horse ready and then brings him over to the fence and ties off the reins. Michael then walks over turns off the water and goes into the house for his hat.

Michelle pulls up in front of the house just as Michael disappeared inside. He didn’t see or hear her. Michelle jumps out of the car and runs up to the house.

Knocking at the door.

Michael comes to the door from inside; His eyes widen in surprise.

Michael; What do you want? To gloat more? He says angrily.

Michelle; No, Michael can we talk? Biting her lip. Please…she says softly

Michael is angry but, sighing, fine. Opening the door wider.

Michelle walks inside she turns to him, watching as he closes the door.

Michael; So talk. I got things to do. Gruffly

Michelle; taking his hand in hers. Michael; I heard you are leaving.

Michael; Well you heard right, so what? Old news. He pulls his hand away, her touch is killing him

Michelle; Is it because of me?

Michael; Don’t flatter youself, Ha!

Michelle; I’m so sorry Michael. Sadly. The children love you. Please reconsider.

Michael; They are wonderful but they have the nurses who know what to do. They are good at their jobs.

Michelle; So are you.

Michael; If you came out here to tell me that you wasted your time and your gas. Now if you’ll excuse me, Michael walks over to the door and reopens it

Michelle stands there knowing if she goes, it’s over. She walks up to him, shuts the door, Michael, she says breathlessly, she cups his face in her hands and kisses him tenderly. He doesn’t respond

Michelle knows she has to keep trying. She holds on to him kissing him even deeper.

Michael tries so hard not to respond. He can’t let himself lose control and be hurt yet again by her. Not ever again. He can’t. It hurts way too much. Michelle holds him to her. Wrapping her arms around him as she deepens the kiss. Michael feels her body pressed to his and her tongue trying to gain access into his mouth. He moans against her mouth.