Chapter 18// New beginning

Emma's POV:

I remember after Shawn helping me out, and bandaging up my stomach, for me and my head, he asked me where Brian lived. I told him the address, and he told me he would be right back. He was gone for about three hours, I started to worry at that point. I called Shawn, I dm him on Instagram and Twitter, but nothing was getting him to pick up.

Shawn's POV:

When Emma told me Brian's address I already knew my actions were going to cause me to do stuff that would cause me to lose things. I walked to Brian's house. I banged on the door, and he came to the door. My fury raged on the inside. I grabbed him by the collar on his shirt and threw him down the stairs. He got back up and swung at me. I caught his fist on time. I grabbed his arm, and pinned him down to the grass, and pulled his arm behind his back. He was struggling to move and get me loose because every movement he made it would make the grip on his arm tighter and it would hurt him.

"Now listen up Brian. The moment I saw you on Emma's Instagram, I knew you were bad news. How fucking dare you do that to her? She actually was willing to move on to someone else, and unfortunately had to be your dumb ass. Now listen up you fucking bum. Go near Emma, or talk to her or ever touch her again. I swear you won't be alive to even see me in jail!" I screamed to the top of my lungs, I knew after this I wouldn't be able to sing for a while, because my voice would be torn up.

"Or I can just do this," he hit me in the abs with his elbow. I instantly let go of his arm and held my stomach. He kicked me in the face with a steel toed boot. I touched my face in pain, and I felt blood coming from my nose. I looked up at him, and attacked him. I jumped on top of him, punching him with all my might. He tried to push me off, but it didn't work. I jumped off and rammed him in the stomach. He felt to the floor. We were rolling on the floor chanting curse words, and the neighbor saw us and called the police. As the police sirens grew closer, Brian kicked me so hard on the leg with his boot,  that I fell, and as the police car came to the front of his house, Brian ran. One police ran after him, and the other one, out handcuffs on me. I knew after that moment that I fucked up. 

                                                                                          ...

   I was at the police station sitting a few chairs away from Brian. We both gave each other death stares. I wanted to hurt him more than I already did. The neighbor was inside giving the police more insight on what she saw. A few minutes later she came out and looked at me with a worried face. 

   "Shawn Mendes, get over here!" the police called me. 

   "Ok," I walked up to him as he pushed me towards a long hallway.

   "You get one call and that's it!" he screamed and walked away. 

    I knew I couldn't call my parents or Emma. I decided to call one of my close friends who also happened to be my manager. He came and bailed me out, which I loved him for that. When we were in the car, he dialed down the music, and told me to listen up. 

   "Shawn, we gotta talk about something serious," he said this with a look that scared me. 

   "Ok....."

   "You can't preform anymore......" he said this and my art dropped. 

   "What the fuck dude! What do you mean?" 

   "After this you can afford to go on any shows for a while. You also almost made a girl kill herself, and your publicity is going---" 

   "HOLD UP!" 

   "What?" 

   "How did you know about that? Who told you! I want to know now."

    "Ariel told us." 

   " What the fuck man..." 

   "I'm sorry Shawn, you've been bad at shows with your choking up, and with all these rumors going on, and now this. Shawn why the hell would you throw a boy on the grass in front of his own house?"

   "He abused the love of my life. I found in her room bruised." 

   "Shawn you put you career on the line. This girl is a distraction to your career. You can't do this anymore." 

  "What do you mean?" 

   "Shawn! What do you love more your career or this girl?" 

   When he asked me this question, I choke. I couldn't believe I had to choose. My life was basically put on the line. I cried into my hands, and then I looked up at my manager. 

   "I choose Emma. I love her more than my career, my career can never bring me as much happiness she brings me..."