Chapter 9

Stars swirled around me as i tumbled through the blackness of sleep. Painful images, new and old, were painted in between the stars. Memories I did not want to revisit anytime soon. All the good memories we zoomed right past. It's like life wants me to suffer. 

Bang!

I hit rock bottom, my life swirling around me like a hurricane of disaster. That familiar giggle that had got me all tingly when we first met sounded from behind me. I turned to see Alicia standing behind me smiling. My eyes caught hers and she stepped closer. A deep laugh that sent fire zooming through my veins sounded from where i was just facing. Turning, my breath hitched as i saw James smiling at me. 

"Come to me baby girl," Alicia said extending a perfect manicured hand.

"No don't listen to her, come to me my little wolf," James said extending a rough calloused hand.

"Why must you make me choose?" I said running my hands through my hair. 

"Life depends on it, you saw what happened when you chose the mortal realm," Alicia said. "Blood and your own demise."

"Y-you did that?" I stuttered. She nodded and anger boiled inside of me and i could feel it bubbling into my veins.

She betrayed me, caused me so much pain and now i think she killed me. I shook my head and stumbled backwards towards the boy i hated but loved so much. He caught me and hugged me close to him. I buried my head in his chest. I would have never thought she would turn on me with such a ferocity. It's like she wanted to kill every single fey she could. 

"That's right I'm a Feary Hunter, so watch your back baby girl," she spat at me, hate dripped off of each word like my blood off of my father's sword. 

James tightened his grip on me......then everyone vanished. I was free falling back the way i had come. Maybe i wasn't dead. Light blazed the back of my eyelids.

****************

I gasped awake, my eyes shooting open. James was in my face as soon as I woke up.

"Ro?" he asked his voice hoarse as tho he'd been crying. 

"Did-did I die?" I stuttered out meekly.

"Yes," he said gently.