Chapter 20

James held me to him, cradling me against his chest. Under his breath he mumbled soft and gentle words. My tears stained his bare chest, tainting his natural glow with my sadness. His strong, tanned arms held me in a cocoon of safety while tears flowed and screams rippled from my throat uncontrollably. I was shaking and he held me tighter. 

I let reality come back in almost greedily, allowing it to control my tears and screams. I took some deep breaths until the only thing left of my raging nightmares was my shaking. Even though James felt this he stayed silent, the only sounds coming from him mumbled words that left a sweet film of love over my skin. 

Looking up his green gaze caught mine and my breath was taken from me in that instant. 

HIs eyes were practically glowing with love and worry and lust.

I opened my mouth to say something but he cut me off by smashing his lips onto mine. 

He pressed me onto the bed and pressed his body flat onto mine. His tongue infiltrated my mouth and my arms were pinned above my head. There was anger laced under his hands and that caused me to be turned off. I pulled back and looked at him and saw the anger hidden under everything.

"Why are you angry?" I asked sounding like a little girl inquiring why their parent is upset.

"It's nothing," he leaned in again but I put a hand up between us.

"You can talk to me, if I did something I need to know."

"It's not you it's me."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's just..."

"James?"

"I'm too dangerous for you."

"Are you okay?"

"I killed Derek."

"YOU WHAT?!?"