Chapter 19

The room is dark, pitch black actually. 

The floor is ice cold and hard as though I was standing on hard stone.

The air was warm with a sharp slice of cold.

The room felt hollow but filled to the brim with power.

Then the lights flicked on.....

And sapphire eyes were right in front of me.

Her red hair flowed around her like a bloody cape and her skin sparkled like porcelain. A small yelp ripped from my throat as her hand shot up and closed around my throat. My back was shoved up against the wall which felt like wood. Her angry snarl crashed onto my lips and her body pressed against mine. She pushed her tongue into my mouth and pinned my hands above my head with her free hand. 

Alicia had her eyes closed and that gave me time to  look at where we were. The room was luminescent and wood paneled the walls as I had thought. I started to close my eyes and kiss back when a slumped form with silver hair shifted in the corner. My eyes shot open to see James sitting on the ground staring at me with blood pouring from his chest.

I bit down on her tongue and when she pulled away I i shoved with everything I had and ran to him. I cradled James  in my arms, my hands trying to stop the bleeding. Tears flowed down my placid face and laughter sounded behind me. Alicia started towards me but i was too busy trying to save James.

Then i felt a sharp pain through my chest and saw Alicia's claw tipped hand poking through my chest.

I screamed and then the world faded to black............

*************************

I jolted awake in my bed at home...home...

"MOM!" I called jumping up and running to my door.

On the way to my door I tripped and fell over a hard lump in the middle of my floor. Getting to my knees I saw my mom huddled on the floor her arms wrapped around her knees and her frame shaking. I crawled over to her and she looked up at me.

"R-Ro?" she stuttered.

"Mom it's okay what's going on?"

"Y-you were d-dead. T-they pronounced you d-dead after they couldn't f-find you."

"What are you talking about?"

"You went missing and then so did Alicia. After weeks of investigating they said you guys were dead."

"Well I'm not I'm perfectly fine and so is--" a claw tipped hand shot through my chest and red hair fell over my face, "Alicia." I breathed her name as my mom screamed and her hand got ripped from my chest.

*************************

Smoke filled the field and flames slithered past me.

The smoke was frigid and chilled me to the bone.

My hair was choppily cut up to my jaw and scratches covered my skin. 

I panted as though I had been running and I shook from exertion. 

Silver flickered to my right and red flickered to my left.

James emerged through the smoke and so did Alicia. 

Panic coursed through me and I ran.

My name was being yelled by a male and crashing sounded behind me.

No, no, no not again.

I can out run her.

I can live.

Only in my dreams.

Her claws dug into my arm as she caught me.

I fell into her as she tugged on my arm.

My blood poured from my chest as her hand went through me once again.

********************

I woke up screaming and crying wrapped in James's arms.

What the hell did I just go through?