Chapter 21

I shoved him off of me and crawled to the corner of the bed.

I awoke from one nightmare to just fall into my nightmare of reality.

What the hell was he thinking?

"Hear me out Ro--," he started.

"No, no, NO. I don't want excuses from you. You killed my family, my FAMILY James that's not okay. He was on our side you had no right to kill him. No right!" I could hear my voice start to crescendo with each word I said.

"Ro if you would just--"

"There is no point in trying to give me excuses James. This is--"

"HE TRIED TO KILL YOU GODDAMMIT!!!"

I was taken so aback that my lips just hung open and I couldn't get any words to come out. He ran his large hands through his silver hair and huffed a large breath. He looked at me and his rough edge faded, leaving only the soft glow of the fey I loved.

"He tried to kill you," he repeated sitting cross legged in front of me. "While you were screaming and crying in my arms he tried to take you away. I couldn't--I wouldn't-- let him take you away. If you just saw the blackness of his eyes and the redness of his hair you would've understood. He wasn't him. Derek was poisoned and manipulated by Alicia. If I didn't kill him he would have died of her poison when he left empty handed anyhow."

My eyes dropped to my hands and I immediately felt ashamed. I screamed at him because I thought Derek was my family. But he wasn't and now he was also gone. I didn't even give him a chance at explaining. I just jumped to conclusions and dubbed him a monster. But I was the monster now wasn't I? 

I brought James all this pain and suffrage and loss. He wouldn't have gotten into this mess if it wasn't for me. I did this. I'm a curse. I kill the ones I love and get them killed all because I was with them.

It wasn't fair to them it wasn't fair to any of them.

It was time for me to leave.

Not just run into the woods.

Leave as in I'm dead and never coming back.

I ran my hands through my hair and could practically feel my family's blood on them. Derek's fresh blood. He would have been fine, everyone would have been fine if it weren't for me. 

James, as though he read my thoughts, grabbed my wrists and looked me dead in the eyes. His voice was deep and soft and full of yearning as he spoke. I shook slightly in his grip.

"Please, don't leave me and don't blame yourself. Ever."

Then his rough lips met mine in a kiss that practically glowed.

I kissed back, my passion glowing just as brightly.

Our lips parted and I could only think of one thing.

I love this boy and I think I can manage to stay for a little longer.

****************

Quick author's note: So I'm glad y'all are enjoying the book but I might be writing slower now for it's kind of hard to right about love after a breakup. I apologise if I make y'all wait it's just right now is not a great time for me. 

Love y'all,

               Mia Rose.