Chapter 22

I felt myself withering away. Myself getting lost as the days of brutal training My soul breaking away piece by piece along with my body. Bruises covered me and my joints were all sore. The days were sweltering and brutal.

The nights, however, were amazing and cool. At home in the bed were my favorite parts.

But this night was different. 

We were wrapping up practice when a gold light flared. James ran to me and tackled me shielding me with his body. When the light dimmed and the green grass was once again darkened with the night James eased off of me.

And as soon as I saw the figure in the yard I was taken aback and my breath escaped my parted lips.

A man that seemed familiar was there. His body was cloaked in gold and black robes. The night seemed to make the black in his robe pulse with shadows. His face was all sharp edges and angles. His hair was dirty blonde, shaved on the side and longer on the top. His cheekbones were high and his eyes were the color of the purest flame.

My eyes. They were my eyes. That was my hair. That was my small smile.

That was my father. 

He took a step towards me but James stepped in front of me still sprawled out on the green floor. The man put his hands up as James helped me to my shaky feet. My father came to see me. I became very self conscious of my holy jeans, loose white tee and worn vans. I stepped forward clutching James's hand but he pulled me back and nuzzled my neck. My dad froze and his eyes flickered like a flame.

Then I turned to James, tilted his head up to mine and kissed him firmly. His arms wrapped around me and I could hear a rumble of thunder above us. We pulled back and I looked my father dead square in the eyes as I spoke with swollen lips.

"I love him and I'll give up my position as princess to be with him," I said squaring my shoulders. "You can't change it and you never will."

Then he seemed to glow and his glower turned into a smile. "You are one of us now."

My hair dropped out of the rough ponytail it was in and fell down my back. My clothes shifted into a gown of gold and white and silver that went to my knees. My shoes vanished altogether. The strands of hair that blew in the wind seemed to glow. My eyes flickered and widened. My skin caught the starlight and held it, a pulsing light against the pulsing dark. I looked up and said the only thing I could.

"I can stay with James?" I asked.

He nodded once.

"What do u mean I'm one of you now?"

He smiled wider and James kissed my hand. 

"You're one of the Unseen now."

That was that than.

I was a princess.

I was a warrior.

I was a daughter.

I was The Unseen.

*****************

This is it guys, the end of this book. But don't worry I'm going to write another to the series. Wait and read The Princess next. I promise y'all will love it. Thank y'all for reading The Unseen.

              Love y'all,

                          Mia Rose <3