|| three ||

Taehyung spent the rest of the ride worrying over the sleeping man, so much that he couldn't focus on his own issue. How was he going to prove that Jeon Seongjin's firm had stolen the plans? There was no way they'd openly confess to their crimes. He hoped fate could do something. Otherwise, all his employees back at home would end up jobless. They were counting on him to protect them, whether they knew it or not.

As the train approached its final destination, he pulled out his phone to find a missed call and a text from his brother. His brother was the last person he wanted to deal with right now. After all, it was undoubtedly Jin's fault that this whole mess happened, and his answer seemed to be to just throw in the towel. Taehyung shoved his phone back into his jeans. He wasn't going to give up without a fight.

He turned to the sleeping figure next to him. "Jungkook."

He didn't stir.

"Jungkook," he said louder, giving him a little shake.

He woke, but kept his eyes squeezed shut. "Leave me alone."

"Jungkook." He jostled him harder this time. "We're almost there. You have to get up."

"I'm still tired," he said, turning away from Taehyung.

"You can sleep after getting off." But he knew Jungkook couldn't. His family was going to pick him up, and there was no way he could explain how his fiancé was a no-show. Especially in that condition.

The train pulled into Busan station with a screeching halt. All the passengers scrambled for their bags, eager to get out. Taehyung sighed, and waved the blonde attendant over.

He motioned at Jungkook. "He's gonna need help."

The attendant shot Jungkook a snotty look, then rolled her eyes. "Sure. I'll call security to take care of him."

"Security? Can't someone just help him off the train? It would take a lot less time, and his family is waiting."

The blonde gave him a stern look, but it softened as she looked at Taehyung. "Not to worry." She patted his arm. "You are so sweet for taking responsibility, but you're free to your own business. We'll take care of him."

Taehyung worried about how she'd take care of Jungkook. He hardly knew the guy, but for some reason, he felt responsible. "Actually, never mind. I'll help him myself."

Shaking her head, the attendant twisted her mouth into a mock sympathetic pout. "Sorry, you're not traveling together, and we can't have him leaving with a stranger. Imagine the liabilities."

He thought for a moment. "So if he wakes up and tells you he wants to leave with me, would you let me?"

She studied Jungkook, who was snoring softly. "Of course," she said, giving him a smug grin as she returned to the front of the carriage.

The automatic doors opened, and the people inside rushed out. The sensible part of Taehyung said to leave Jungkook and get his problems over with, but he couldn't.

"Jungkook." He shook him more vigorously. The passengers still exiting gave them a strange look.

"What?" He groaned, turning toward him.

"The almost-future Mrs. Kim is going to call security unless you get up and walk off this train."

His eyes fluttered open. "Sorority bitch?"

Taehyung gave him a boxy grin. "That's the one."

He tried to sit up and swayed in his seat. "Why is the train still moving?"