|| thirteen ||

Jungkook was tired, cranky and starving. Which was more than pathetic since he'd just left a restaurant after having lunch. Jungkook's mother had ordered for him while he was in the restroom. And even though Jungkook had asked her to order a cheeseburger, he wasn't all that surprised when the waitress served him a garden salad with fat-free dressing on the side.

Jungkook's mouth dropped open and he sought his mother's attention, which wasn't hard since Ae-ri was watching him like a hawk. "What happened to my cheeseburger?"

"You're not a teenager anymore, Jungkook," his mother said, picking up her fork. "You've gotten...hippy."

Gran had been quiet for most of the morning, but her interest perked up. "Jungkook's a hippie?" She looked into Jungkook's eyes. "Do you smoke the weed?"

Jungkook couldn't stop his chuckle. "No Gran, I don't smoke the weed."

The conversation dropped and his mother picked at her own salad. When the waitress came to take away their empty plates, Jungkook ordered a slice of cheesecake, but his mother insisted they were running behind schedule and there wouldn't be time for him to eat it. In a burst of defiance, Jungkook ordered it to go and told the waitress to put it on a separate bill so his mother couldn't use the cost against him later.

Now here Jungkook sat, in the back seat of his mother's Lincoln, eating his cheesecake with a plastic fork, offering bites to his grandmother who was in the front passenger seat.

"Don't get any crumbs on that seat, Jeon Jungkook," his mother said in a tight voice. "I just had the car detailed two days ago."

"I'm not five years old, Mother," Jungkook said as he took a bite, a tiny piece falling off his fork and onto the seat. Jungkook glanced up at the rearview mirror to see if his mother had noticed, while brushing away the crumb. Rather than helping, his maneuver smeared the creamy filling across the leather.

Oh, crap.

He dug a tissue out of the tissue box in the car, trying not to giggle.

Jungkook was in brighter spirits when his mother pulled up to the bridal shop. Yoongi was standing on the sidewalk waiting for them.

Jungkook gave him a tight hug. "I love you, hyung!"

Yoongi patted Jungkook's back "You owe me drinks later for putting up with Knickers," he whispered in Jungkook's ear.

"Deal."

They went into shop, Gran's outfit drawing looks from other shoppers at the strip mall as she shuffled to the door. She wore a red sequined vest over a black t-shirt with the words "Momma's Home Boys" printed in a sparkly red. Her black capris and red flats completed the outfit. When one middle-aged man's jaw dropped, Gran winked and said, "Give me your number and I'll set up a naked yoga session with you."

Jungkook's mother hustled him into the bridal shop and immediately took charge, going up to the counter and announcing they had arrived for their fitting. The clerk took them to a viewing area and told them to have a seat.

After Jungkook's mother got Gran situated in an overstuffed chair, she glanced at Jungkook and Yoongi, then at the door. "Where's Namjoon? Or Hoseok?"

Jungkook suppressed a sigh. "He couldn't get off work. And Hobi-hyung..." He'd known better than to ask.

"What?" his mother screeched.

"They have very important jobs, Mother. Namjoon-hyung's a big-deal attorney."

His mother scowled. "This takes precedence."

"I'm sure the woman whose cheating husband tried to steal her house out from under her thinks differently."