|| five ||

Taehyung hadn't meant to kiss him. Despite the fact that he was posing as his fiancé, he probably hadn't given much thought to the fact that they'd have to have some type of physical contact to go along with it. Not that he had much objection to it now. He wasn't disgusted to kiss Jungkook, like he was afraid he would've. In fact, maybe he enjoyed it a little. But that didn't matter. His sole objective was to find evidence that Jeon Seongjin had stolen his plans. Once he did that, he'd never have to see these people again.

He'd figured out a plan on the way home from the train station. Jeon Ae-ri was so busy reciting every little detail about the wedding to herself that all he had to do was nod and give an occasional "uh-huh," and she was none the wiser that he was plotting against her husband.

Tae had to admit that Jeon Seongjin was nothing he had expected. He'd envisioned someone a little more ruthless, although he wasn't sure why. After all, there was no hard evidence that Jungkook's father was responsible for stealing the design. In fact, his only piece of evidence pointed to Lee Daejung, Seongjin's partner. But even if Seongjin wasn't knowingly involved, he was still responsible. He should've asked questions when the design was submitted so abruptly.

And then there was Jungkook's wedding. Jungkook told him it was "hella expensive," which seeing all the plans his mother had made, Tae wasn't surprised. But then there was the question of where, exactly, all this money was coming from.

He had tried to quiz Jungkook's father about his business, just a future son-in-law making polite conversation, but Ae-ri had done her best to steer the talk away from business, frustrating Tae to no end.

One of the things Jeon Ae-ri had blathered on about had made an impression—she was hosting a massive party for him and Jungkook that evening. Taehyung hoped to take advantage of the distraction to search Seongjin's home office. He'd heard Ae-ri mention it was upstairs. Tae could pretend to go to the restroom and then find the home office, search it, and be back before anyone knew the wiser. He also considered trying to steal the older man's keys to a visit to his actual office, but Tae didn't want to resort to such drastic measures. It was bad enough he was impersonating Jungkook's fiancé. He wasn't ready to resort to breaking and entering just yet. He'd save it for tomorrow night if need be.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, and he pulled it out, not surprised to see his brother calling him, probably looking for an update on the situation. He sent the call to voicemail. Taehyung had enough to deal with, and he knew that Jin had something to add onto that. Especially with Jeon Jungkook in the next room.

His entire company was depending on him. So why did he keep thinking about kissing his enemy's son?

Tae was desperate to find information, but his traitorous mind kept wandering to how Jungkook leaned into the unexpected kiss, body pressed against him, lips warm and soft.

Damn it.

He needed to stop thinking about kissing him and focus on the issue at hand. The real purpose of the trip.

It had seemed like the perfect solution to his dilemma hours ago, but now he was conflicted.

After Jungkook's parents and grandmother had accepted him as his fiancé, they had moved both his and Jungkook's bags to the car.

He had set Jungkook in the back seat, his head flopping like a rag doll. He stirred and blinked up at Tae.

"Hey," Jungkook mumbled, poking his chest. "I know you."

Getting in the back as well, Taehyung forced his voice to stay light and amused when he answered, "I hope so babe."

He'd shook his head and Tae's chest tightened with anxiety, but it went away when he muttered, "I said I want the red ones."