|| eighteen ||

Jungkook awoke in Taehyung's arms. He expected to be more startled by that fact, but lying next to Tae felt like the most natural thing in the world. The elder was on his back, an arm stretched over his eyes to block out the sun.

The younger watched Tae's chest rise and fall. The edge of the blanket rested above his waist, and Jungkook saw a hint of his abdomen. Jungkook knew what lay under the blanket and memories of the night before rushed back, making him burn, but not with embarrassment. Not for one minute did he regret losing his virginity with Tae. What happened next was a whole lot trickier. Jungkook liked him. A lot. He lusted for Taehyung. A lot. He wanted Tae like he'd never wanted anyone. Taehyung made him laugh and made him feel lighthearted, and part of Jungkook cringed when he let himself look toward tomorrow.

Would they have a tomorrow? After Tae broke up with him and his family sent him back to Seoul. Back to his adopted home town. Jungkook was smart enough to realize that Taehyung was a forever kind of guy. But they'd gone along with this deception for so long, how could he step back and say, "Sorry everyone, this was all one big mistake"?

"Hey," Taehyung murmured sleepily, cracking his eyes open. "I know you're probably into those cheesy romance novels and movies, but it's actually kind of creepy for someone to watch another person sleep all night."

"You think I spent the night watching you sleep?" Jungkook buried his face in the crook of Tae's neck, his mouth finding the elder's earlobe.

"Did we even have much of a chance to sleep?" Tae asked, rolling onto his side to face Jungkook.

"Not much."

Taehyung laughed, eyes blinking open sleepily as a smile spread across his face. "Good morning."

Jungkook smiled back. "Yes it is."

"You're not one of those happy morning people, are you?" the elder murmured. "Because if you are, I may have to end this fake engagement right now."

"Let me guess, you don't function until after a cup of coffee?"

"Actually it's two cups. And yes. Coffee is the elixir of the gods."

Jungkook's brown eyes danced in amusement. "Are you calling yourself a god now?"

"You were a participant in last night's activities, so you tell me."

The younger laughed and settled his face into Taehyung's chest. An ache filled Tae's heart as he held Jungkook close, stroking his hair. He had to figure a way out of this. Could they just come clean and tell his family the truth, making it into a funny story? One thing was for sure: His mother would never forgive them. Jungkook's mother's opinion was important to him, no matter what he claimed. And that wasn't even taking into account the problem of Jeon Seongjin's business.

What a screwed-up mess.

"How about I take you out for breakfast?" Tae asked, trying to keep his tone light.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Jungkook asked, his voice muffled.

He leaned back, tipping Jungkook's chin up to look at him. "Jeon Jungkook, would you do me the honor of letting me escort you to the International House of Pancakes?"

Laughter lit the younger's eyes. "How can I refuse such a gallant request? But I'm warning you that I'm a big breakfast eater—much to my mother's dismay—so don't expect me to order an egg-white omelet and black coffee."

Taehyung tried to keep his face serious. "I wouldn't dream of letting you order anything smaller than the Breakfast Sampler Plate."

"The fact you can name an item on the menu has me a little frightened. I'll agree to go out to breakfast with you, but I get to pick the place."