|| twenty-nine ||

Taehyung was more nervous than he'd expected. This was a fake wedding, arranged for his now-fiancé and another groom, so why was he so nervous?

Fake wedding or not, it felt incredibly real, especially since there was a real wedding in their near future. He knew Jungkook was worried that his parents wouldn't arrive in time, and he wished his own mother were present. All he could do was hold Jungkook's hand and stand by his side.

Jungkook and Taehyung waited behind the glass chapel and around the corner away from the sandy beach, out of sight of the guests who were being seated. Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, and Jimin were with them. Taehyung was happy that Jimin's animosity had softened, even if he wasn't overly friendly. Jin kept grinning like a fool, as though he had something up his sleeve. Taehyung pulled his brother to the side.

"What are you up to?" Taehyung asked, scrutinizing him while waiting for an answer.

Jin held out his hands. "What? I can't be excited my baby brother is getting married?"

Taehyung leaned into his ear. "It's not like this is our real wedding, Jin." He stood upright. "But thanks for having the rings sent." He swallowed. "It means a lot, especially since our grandparents left them to you."

Jin clapped his brother's upper arm. "You and Jungkook deserve them and all the happiness that comes with them." He glanced over his shoulder at Jungkook. "It looks good on his finger."

Taehyung studied his brother before whispering, "He's going to keep wearing it after the ceremony. I asked him to marry me, and he said yes."

He expected more surprise from his cynical brother, but Jin's face lit up with a radiant smile. "That's the best news I've heard in a long time."

"You—a firm believer that true love doesn't exist—think me proposing to a man I've known for four days is the best news you've heard in a long time?"

Jin shrugged. "What can I say? I've been convinced this is true love. And I have to admit that I've never seen you happier." He turned serious. "You deserve all this happiness and so much more, Tae."

A lump clogged Taehyung's throat. "Thanks, hyung."

Jin shrugged again, an arrogant grin slowly spreading across his face as he straightened his tie. "I'll try not to outshine you up there."

"With that black eye?"

He winked his bruised eye, then winced, still grinning. "It only adds to my rugged charm."

Taehyung's gaze fell on Jungkook, once again stunned this man who was so beautiful—inside and out—was his. "We're both going to be outshone."

Jin rested his hand on Taehyung's shoulder, following his gaze. "I think you're right about that one, little brother."

Seongjin and Ae-ri arrived with minutes to spare—Ae-ri hopped up on painkillers, with an arm sling on her right side and an eyepatch on her left. The instant Jungkook saw his parents, all the tension drained from his body, leaving him with a radiant glow. He gave the go-ahead to start the wedding procession.

"Thanks for keeping me calm, but I'm good now." Jungkook reached up and placed a gentle kiss on Tae's lips. "See you at the altar, Mr. Kim."

Jungkook's mother's unfocused eyes darted around. "Did he just call him Mr. Kim?" But just then the usher came around the corner to lead her to her seat. Taehyung started to head for the chapel but stopped when he saw Ae-ri pull away from the usher and stumble toward her son. She was probably planning to give him an earful about letting Taehyung see his attire. This wedding might not be real, but Tae wasn't going to let his mother screw this up for him any more than she already had.