|| six ||

Taehyung stopped him in the hallway. "Wait. What do you mean we have to break up tonight? I thought we agreed to wait?"

Jungkook shook his head. He didn't have time for this. His mother was going to be plenty furious as it was. "My mother's party is the perfect place. There'll be tons of witnesses to see that I'm innocent and you're the jerk. There's no way she could blame me."

"Don't you think you're rushing this?"

There it was. A voice in his head that said that Tae had some ulterior motive. "You make it sound like you don't want to break up. What hell kind of family drama are you facing in Seoul anyways? It's got to be pretty bad for you to throw your plans away and become my substitute fiancé. You don't even know me. And don't give me some bullshit answer." He could demand all he want, but he was at Taehyung's mercy. He had no leverage in negotiation, and they both knew it.

Tae's eyes softened. "Have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't find a solution, and just gave up to leave everything to fate?" His eyes widened in mock surprise. "Oh, wait. You do know. You're living that life right now."

Now he was just pissing Jungkook off.

Tae put his hands on the other's shoulders. "Believe it or not, that's what's going on with me right now too. You said I looked determined when I sat on the train. I came to Busan because my family business is a mess and I'm making a last-ditch effort to save it."

When Jungkook didn't answer, he continued.

"Jungkook, I sat down on that train and realized I had no clue how to save my business. Then you waltzed into my life. I swear to you, I accidently told your parents I was your fiancé. But when they thought it was true, I figured, what the hell? After all, you were in a messy situation yourself, and I just gave my life over to fate. I believe in karma. Maybe if I help you, fate will help me too."

Jungkook had to admit, it was pretty convincing. But something still felt off. "If your business was actually failing, then why would you want to hang out at my mother's cocktail party?" He gasped with a sudden realization. "Oh! You're planning to sell your snake oil to my parents' wealthy friends!"

"What?"

He poked a finger into Taehyung's chest. "If you so much as hint to the fact that you aren't a finance director, or if you try to sell insurance or crappy goods to my parents' friends, I will make you suffer. Is that clear?"

Tae clasped his hand between his own and gave him a boxy smile. "Perfectly. But you're not giving off a very loving vibe right now, babe. You don't want your mother to think I'm breaking up with you because you're a rude shit."

"What?" Jungkook retorted indignantly. "How dare you—"

Before he could finish, Tae kissed him again, pulling Jungkook toward him. This time there was no hesitation in his movements. It was different from the previous kiss. Tae dropped all pretense. He tangled his hand in Jungkook's hair, and he parted Jungkook's lips with his tongue. Taehyung was certainly enjoying it, and while some sane part of Jungkook said he should resist it, the rest of him eagerly welcomed the action.

"Uh... Jungkook..." Jimin's voice pierced through his lust-filled haze.

That's when reality set in. He was kissing this man, someone who he had met hours before, in his parents' house. Not only that, but Jungkook had no idea if Taehyung were straight or gay. He tried to pull away from Tae, but his arms held him tight. But judging by his actions, Jungkook had to say the latter.

His brother stood at the top of the stairs, bag in hand, looking slightly uncomfortable was he studied the wall. "I need to change." His gaze returned to Jungkook. "And you're in the way."