|| seventeen ||

Taehyung lay on his back with Jungkook on top of him, his arms wrapped around the younger's back. Jungkook's head was nestled in the crook of his arm and his hand on Tae's chest, fingertips circling lightly over his sternum. They were naked on a bluff overlooking a lake. Although it was nighttime, someone could still stumble upon them, but Taehyung couldn't bring himself to let Jungkook go. Now that they'd actually done this, now that he knew with certainty how perfect they really were for each other, he wished they could just leave this whole mess behind and run away somewhere together, somewhere no one knew them or their problems.

Jungkook released a contented sigh. "I want to forget about the wedding that's supposed to take place in less than two days and just be in this moment."

Taehyung's arm tightened around him.

"The only thing in my life that makes sense right now is you," he continued.

"How do I make sense?"

"That's just it, I don't know. I only know this feels righter than anything else. Ever." He lifted his head and grinned. "Who falls this hard for a guy within twenty-four hours of meeting him?"

"Lots of people fall in love at first sight. My parents did."

Jungkook blinked in surprise. "Your parents fell in love at first sight?"

Tae grabbed a strand of the younger's hair that brushed over his bare chest. "So they claim. And they were happily married for twenty-one years."

"Well, this isn't love at first sight," Jungkook smiled against Tae's lips. "More like lust." He kissed him with a passion that showed him how much he still wanted him.

Was Jungkook right? Was what Taehyung was feeling no more than lust? Did he have to put a label on it? He only knew the rapidly approaching wedding spelled a likely end for their new relationship... and the extracurricular sleuthing he and Jin were doing amped that "likely" up to a "certainly." Tae was more determined than ever to come clean in the hopes that Jungkook would forgive him, not that he deserved it. But even Yoongi had told him Jungkook wore his heart on his sleeve. Maybe he would understand his desperation. Well, Taehyung wasn't sure how to fix the mess he'd created, but he didn't need a solution right this minute. While the likelihood of losing Jungkook was higher than not, he had a choice to make: He could start mourning his impending loss of him now, or he could spend every minute with the younger while he could.

He chose the latter.

Tae rolled Jungkook onto his back, and he giggled as the elder lowered his face to kiss his neck. "So what are your plans, Jungkook? Are we going back to your parents' house?"

"That's funny, Tae. No way."

"So we're camping under the stars?"

"Unless you have a better idea."

"I can't think of a single one." He pushed up on his elbow. "But we either need to get dressed or cover up with your blanket. Unless you're a nudist like your gran."

Jungkook laughed. "I'm not, but getting dressed is a waste of time, don't you think?" The sparkle in his eyes made it impossible not to kiss him.

"See?" he said. "You just proved my point. Besides, this spot can only be accessed from the campsite and no one's going to try camping here now that my car's parked there."

Taehyung grabbed the blanket and spread it across them, glancing back at the trail they'd used to get to the clearing.

"I think we're safe, Tae," Jungkook teased. "You're awfully uptight. Maybe Gran's right. Maybe you are a prude."