|| thirty ||

Taehyung endured several rounds of photos with the drunk photographer, who hiccupped in between shouting out orders, a wedding cake that nearly fell over, and Knickers' spiraling mood swings as she came off her pain meds. Luckily Knickers seemed to have forgotten the minister's use of his real name, though, and everyone was having a wonderful time.

It was the best day of his life.

When Seongjin introduced him to Lee Seungsoo and his fiancée Lisa in the receiving line, Taehyung realized he'd completely forgotten the original purpose for carrying on with the charade of the wedding. His back stiffened, and he forced himself to shake the man's hand. Jungkook wasn't as gracious, and barely acknowledged either of them. His father gave the younger a confused glance, but the next guest approached, and Seungsoo and his date moved along to their table.

Taehyung looked over at Jin, a couple of places down the line. They exchanged a nod, then Jin's gaze followed Seungsoo to his seat.

A couple of minutes later, Tae's stomach tightened when he glanced into the face of his mother. She'd seemed happy enough during the wedding, but what would she say now that it was all over?

"Mom..."

She reached up and pulled him into a tight hug. "I'd ask you if you're sure, but it's too late for that now. Besides, the happiness rolling off you tells me that you are."

He swallowed. "I'm sorry."

She broke loose and looked up into his eyes. "Why would you be sorry?"

"For not telling you sooner."

"From what Jin told me, there wasn't much sooner you could have told me." She grabbed his hand, tears in her eyes. "You're so much like your father. Even when it comes to love."

His face warmed and he realized Jungkook was watching them, both fear and worry on his face. Tae took Jungkook's hand in his. "Mom, this is Jeon Jungkook... the most amazing person in the world." He turned to his mother. "Next to you, of course."

His mother laughed. "Now that you're married I'll relinquish the title."

Jungkook held out his hand. "Mrs. Kim... I'm so happy you came."

Taehyung's mother ignored his outstretched hand and hugged Jungkook. "None of that Mrs. Kim stuff. Call me Youngmi."

She squeezed Jungkook one more time and Taehyung let out a sigh of relief. So she wasn't going to hold this impromptu wedding against either of them.

His mother gave him an ornery grin. "And why are you calling him Jeon Jungkook? He's Kim Jungkook now." Worry filled her eyes and she hastily added, "Unless, of course, you plan on keeping your family name. I realize kids do that nowadays."

Jungkook laughed and wrapped his arm around Taehyung's, leaning his temple into the elder's shoulder and looking up into his face. "No. I like the sound of Kim Jungkook."

Tae leaned down and kissed the younger. "I like the sound of that too."

His mother smiled. "I can't wait to get to know you better, Jungkook. Anyone who can make my son beam with so much happiness is a very welcome addition to our family." Her gaze landed on Jin, who was joking around with Hoseok and Namjoon. "Now if Jin could just settle down with a good partner."

Taehyung snorted with a grin. "I wouldn't hold my breath."

Knickers had outdone herself with the reception as well. The dinner was served under a huge organza-draped tent filled with flowers and candelabras. After the dinner, the guests made their way to the makeshift dance floor on the sand, dancing to music played by a band.