1- "Yes, Annabeth. He Has Feelings For You Too."

It was a Friday that I found myself sick with nerves, cuddled up on a couch reading a book in the library. The book was meant to bring me comfort. Was meant to transport me into another world, but I kept reading the same sentence repeatedly as I thought about my decision I had made a few weeks ago. The library was also meant to give me some comfort as it had always been a haven for me, away from the chaotic life in the palace. It had floor to ceiling bookshelves, ancient, fraying books lining them as well as new, shiny books that smelled so good. I've always been good friends with the librarian who was also my tutor. His name is Chiron and he's always welcomed me to borrow more books than I was meant to.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I was having no luck with not thinking about it. The Selection was a once in a lifetime opportunity for every young girl between the ages of sixteen and nineteen and if Selected, would come to the palace and try and win the prince's heart. This year marked Prince Perseus' eighteenth birthday, meaning he would hold a Selection of his own. As I placed my book down on the floor and I pulled my blanket up to my chin, he would be a few doors down picking out thirty-five names live on television. And gods, do I have to pray anymore that one of those names will be mine?

A few weeks ago, forms were sent out to all the ladies of Illéa. I had stared at the form as I sat at my desk, wondering if I should fill it out. The first problem that had come to mind was, was I even eligible to apply? In the rules book, it stated that: "No person who works at the palace is allowed to enter under any circumstances." My father, General Fredrick Chase, works at the palace as one of King Sally and Paul's most trusted advisors. So, did my mother, Athena Chase, before she died when I was only a baby. I've lived in the palace my whole life, but not worked and the rule clearly stated that if you worked at the palace, you could not enter.

I had found a loophole.

So, I filled out the form with shaking hands and had sent it in. My picture was taken at the Angeles Post Office and that's how I found myself wondering who had been chosen from my province to win my best friends heart.

The prince's name was Perseus Jackson, better known as Percy, and he had been apart of my life since he was born some thirty-five days after me. We grew up together as best friends and at the age of twelve, I developed a tiny crush on him. That tiny crush grew into a big one and now at the age of seventeen, the thought of him falling in love with someone else made my heart ache. And that is why I entered The Selection. I want to fall in love with him.

It was probably fifteen minutes after the Report, the weekly television show hosted by the royal family, had finished that the prince himself marched into the library with a bright red face.

His messy jet-black hair was even messier than usual, most likely because he was combing his hair with his fingers on the way, and his sea-green eyes scanned the library looking for someone. He had a black suit on but his green tie had come loose and his jacket unbuttoned making him look very cute. I blushed at the thought.

His eyes kept scanning the library until they set on me. He always knew where to find me.

He marched over towards me, his fists clenched. What happened? Was I Selected?

"Watch the book!" I pointed to my book that was on the floor.

He moved his foot that was about to step on it and sat down next to me on the couch. His shoulders were so tense I could see his muscles through his shirt and jacket.

I placed a hesitant hand on his shoulder. He brushed it off quickly.

"What's wrong? How did the Report go?"

"Oh, you know, fine." He said sarcastically. One thing that you needed to know about Percy was that every fibre of his body was made up of sarcasm and sass. "I just have to tell you something as I'm assuming you didn't watch the Report."