47- "Only A Matter Of Time."

"You happy?" Percy's chest moved as he breathed, moving my head up and down. We had woken up the next morning and decided to stay in bed for a little bit more, skipping breakfast. He was playing with my hair and I was resting my head on his chest.

I smiled and closed my eyes. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, I did eliminate your only friends in this Selection..."

I turned my head so I could look at him. "What makes you think I'm not friends with Rachel? Or Calypso?"

He chuckled. "Well, the heated discussion you and Rachel had before the Report says otherwise."

I frowned and rested my head back on his chest again. "Fine. Rachel and I aren't that close, but I want to be. She's just so-"

"Jealously doesn't look good on you Annabeth." Percy warned, smirking.

I flipped the blanket off us and rose so I was sitting. "Everything looks good on me."

Percy rolled his eyes and got out of bed, helping me make it. "So, any plans today?"

"No, why?"

"I thought that we could go on a date." We met at the end of the bed and he grabbed both of my hands. "It is currently the perfect time for brunch. How bout it?"

I kissed his lips, smiling. "That sounds fantastic. Pick me up in half and hour?"

"See you then?"

I snuck out of his room through the secret tunnels and gave Alicia the fright of her life when I pushed away the dresses in my way to my wardrobe.

"Oh my gods!" She placed a hand on her forehead. "Don't ever do that again!"

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly. "Won't happen again."

"It better not!" She pointed her finger at me and then stalked out the room with a dress hanging from her arm.

I laughed and followed her out into the bedroom.

"Its going to take longer to get you ready now with Hazel gone." Justine ushered me into the bathroom.

"Uh, about that." They both looked at me unhappily. "Percy's going to pick me up in half and hour for a brunch date."

Alicia groaned. "Seriously? Your hair's just going to have to stay out then."

I shrugged and sat down in front of the mirror as the girls worked out my face.

They worked pretty quickly for people who was missing a member of their team.

"Today the day?" Alicia asked as I put on my shoes.

Even though I knew exactly what she was referring too, I still asked. "What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes and pushed me lightly on the shoulder. "The day he'll propose. What do you think?"

I shook my head and looked out the window. "Not today. I think he's going to ask one of us closer to his birthday."

"He's going to ask you closer to his birthday." She hugged me, her arms wrapped around my waist. Her breath fanned my arms as she sighed. "Just don't forget me when you become queen."