10K Bonus Chapter

Okay to clear up any confusion that may follow, above is the official time line of Percabeth's life. The number is how old they are turning that year. They may not be that age when it happens. If anything I've said in previous chapters doesn't add up to this, THE TIME LINE IS CORRECT. As you find out more things, I'll add more to the time line. It's the easiest way for me to remember and stuff

***

Sally's Selection; Meeting Paul: approx. Age 11

Percy and Annabeth are sitting in Percy's room, away from the groups of men downstairs that look at them weirdly. Annabeth, as always, is helping Percy with his homework their tutor, Chiron, gave them. Sally, Percy's mother, interrupts them. Lately, she has been stressed out and at some points extremely happy. Annabeth is nearly 100% sure that's because Sally is having her Selection were she meets heaps of boys and picks one to marry. Annabeth has been following it very closely.

Sally walked into the room in her floor-length dress. She was nervously playing with her fingers.

"Hi, Mum!" Percy looked up from his math homework.

Sally smiled. "Hello Percy, Annabeth are you helping him?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

She chuckled. "Now Percy," Sally sat down in front of Percy. "I need you to meet some people for me because one of them might be your step-dad soon"

Percy frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. "If I get to meet them so does Annabeth. She's in the family too."

Sally sighed and looked over at me. "Of course she is. And of course, she can."

***

The next day Percy and Annabeth are told to be on their best behaviour as they sit in one of the many rooms the palace has. They've been told that five men will come and talk to them, and they've been told to not get too attached as four of them will be sent home.

The door opened to the room and a tall man walked up to us. He had long-ish salt and pepper hair and was wearing a fancy suit. I guess for older people he would be classed as attractive.

"Hello there, I'm Paul." He squatted down in front of us and held out his hand for us to shake.

"Hi there, I'm Annabeth."

He smiled at me as he shook my hand.

"And I'm Percy." Percy shook his hand too.

"How are you two?" He sat down on the chair opposite us.

"We're good thanks," I replied, "How are you?"

"Uh, well I'm a bit nervous really."

Percy perked up. "Why are you nervous?"

Paul made a gesture to us. "Well you two are Sally's children basically and it's a bit nerve-racking to meet you."

I made polite conversation for a couple of minutes while Percy stared at Paul. He seemed to be sizing him up. He wasn't helping me, that was for sure. "What's your favourite colour?" Percy interrupted.

I glared at him for interrupting my story while Paul answered. "I've always liked blue."

Percy turned to face me with wide eyes. "He likes blue too!"

I playful hit him on the shoulder. "That doesn't matter. You're meant to interrogate him, scare him. That's what the father always does in the movies when their daughter meets a guy."