2- "Lady Annabeth?"

AN:/ Annabeth's hair, dress, shoes and jewellery in media above. I'm no Aphrodite girl so I'll make pictures to help you because I suck a make up and clothes.

The next week was a blur. People coming to see me about rules, regulations and expectations. (Ha I rhymed!)

I re-watched the report so I could see my 'competition'. There were ranges of skin, eye and hair colour. All beautiful in their own way. Some 7's as well.

Some big names were selected as well. Tristan McLean's daughter, Piper McLean, was chosen from Whites. A model, Drew Tanaka, from Clermont and a singer, Silena Beauregard, from Carolina.

That just made me even more nervous.

Percy hadn't talked to me much. Only had short and swift conversations at meals time. I tried to talk to him multiple other times but he said he needed to get work done.

On Sunday that week, the girls arrived. I stood on my balcony overlooking the driveway. Long slick black cars pulled in, each dropping off 4 girls then leaving. Each girl had white tops and black pants on with their province flower in their hair.

From 3 floors up I watched girls walk in, judging them. I know that's mean, but hey! It's human nature, especially since there coming into my home and dating my best friend.

Soon after 5 cars had pulled depositing 20 girls a maid came up to take me to the women's room.

When I entered the room it was absolute organised chaos. Maids and beauticians rushed around getting dresses, shoes and makeup. Shouting orders to others and directing the Selected to a station. A maid walked up to me.

"Lady Annabeth?"

I've never been called lady before...

"Yes?"

"Come right this way"

She led me over to the left-hand side of the room where the bathrooms were. When we got there 3 more maids came rushing up to me.

"This way miss. You must have a bath before you're dressed"

Bath?

They lead me into the bathroom where there was a big bath, filled to the top with warm water with bubbles coating the top. The maids helped me get undressed and into the bath where they immediately started to scrub my skin and wash my hair. I felt very self-conscious. Someone had never watched me bathe let alone scrub me while I bathe.

"What scent for your shampoo miss?" One asked

"Lemon" I answered at once. I always used lemon scented shampoo because it's proven to ward away spiders. I had a phobia of spiders.

"Sure miss"

She started to massage the shampoo into my scalp.

Five minutes later I was in a dressing robe getting rushed to the next station. Makeup.

I had never worn makeup before and I hoped that this wouldn't be an exception.

I sat down in front of a mirror while a maid blow dried my hair. Once she was done a beautician walked over

"Lady Annabeth, what look would you like?" She asked me

"Look?"

"Like, sexy, preppy, cute..." she listed off

"No, no. Just myself. Very little makeup please"

She looked disappointed but waved over some maids to get supplies