28- "As The Future King And Queen..."

(Outfit for the day of the meeting)

Something shifted inside of me the next day. I wasn't sure what it was, maybe it was the tiny fact that I realised I was falling in love with my best friend.

It was completely different to anything that I had felt before. I had never been in love, never romantically loved someone. It was new and exciting, confusing and daunting and I didn't know how to approach the situation.

Should I tell someone? Is it safe to talk to Piper? How would Percy feel about it? Should I tell him? Do I keep it to myself?

I decided to keep it to myself, as my own little secret. Something that I could build over time or forget. Hopefully never forget.

The day after having realised my feelings was interesting. Piper and Percy went on a date after breakfast, which didn't sit well with me, but after lunch, I had a weird visit.

There was a knock on the door, to which Hazel put down her cards, pausing the game she was playing with Alicia, Justine and I, and answered the door.

"Hey, Hazel."

"Hiya, Percy." She opened the door and moved aside to let him in.

He was wearing jeans with a green polo shirt, which was different from his usual suit and tie. In his hands, he had a pile of papers, and he seemed nervous. He kept rubbing the back of his neck.

"What's up?" I asked, playing my turn.

"Can we talk?"

Butterflies started to fly around my stomach. Was it a coincidence? What did he want to talk about?

"Can you girls excuse us for a moment?" He asked.

Alicia and Justine quickly packed up the cards and left with Hazel.

Percy moved to my bed and dropped the files, then he too dropped down on my bed on his back.

"What's wrong?" I got up and sat on the edge of the soft big bed.

"I need help."

"With..."

"I'm not supposed to be doing this. Don't tell anyone. Not even mum, Paul or Hazel. Okay?" He got up into a sitting position, his hair even messier than before.

"Of course."

He nodded and started to sift through the papers.

"These are all the files for the Selection girls. I'm meant to make an elimination soon and I have no idea who to send home. I need your opinion."

I raised an eyebrow. "You do know that I'm competing against these girls."

He put a hand to his heart and held the other one up. "Repeat after me."

I rolled my eyes but copied him.

"I Annabeth Chase."

"I Annabeth Chase."

"Agree to help Percy Jackson in his decision of the elimination."

"With no thoughts as being a Selected. I will make my opinions as a best friend, and a best friend only."

"Good." He dropped his hands and handed me all the files.

"Now say their names and I'll put them in a pile about how I feel. Then we can decide because I tried doing it by myself, and it wasn't working."