17- "You Always Look Beautiful."

Quick apology:
Sorry to those who ride horses. I don't, and I didn't do research because of time. If there's anything wrong with what I've written please comment and I'll check it out!

That Sunday (The day she read the magazine) and Monday passed by pretty uneventful.

Wake up, get ready, have breakfast. Spend the day in the Women's room with Piper or in my room with my maids. Quick touch up then dinner. Eat, undress, go to bed.

I did learn more about Piper and had some conversations with Thalia, Silena and Katie. No new article about me being power hungry came out and Percy and I didn't see each other much. He did go out on other dates though, but I hadn't heard anything about taking it to the next step. It seems I'm the only to have kissed him, which I was extremely pleased with.

No one knew about the kiss, well I hadn't told anyone, but I did pass Jason in the hallway on Monday morning and he had a knowing glint in his eyes. I raised my chin high and walked passed him, but I could feel his smirk behind me.

Percy was a blabbering fish.

For all, I knew Grover, Juniper, Leo, Travis and Connor knew too.

It was Tuesday when Percy talked to me for the first time since the dreadful article. I was actually opening my door and he was standing there, his hand up and about to knock.

"Oh hey, Seaweed Brain."

He smiled at me. "Are you wearing high heels?"

The question took me by surprise but I pulled up my dress to show him my ballet flats. "No, why-"

Percy grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallway.

I started to try and talk. "Percy? What-where-why-" but he just laughed and said to trust him, which I did so I just let him hold my hand and lead me out to the gardens.

"Is this a date?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "Yep!" Popping the p.

I slapped him playfully on the shoulder. "You ask for a date, not drag me outside. Where are we going anyways?"

He didn't answer but pulled me in the direction of the horse stables. Wait? We're going riding!

"I thought we could take Blackjack and Porkpie for a ride. I'd like to see you try in a dress." He raised an eyebrow.

"Is that a challenge? If it is I accepted. I bet I can beat you even in this." I gestured down to my dress. I silently thanked my maids for putting me in a black dress today so dirt wouldn't show.

"You're on."

We turned and pushed open the big heavy doors of the stables.

We were immediately greeted with a terrible smell, horse poo, hay and wood mixed in together. In winter it got extremely cold here, but in summer sometimes it was warmer than outside. Today was one of those days. We walked into the barn-like building. The horses were off to our left and right, each having their own cubicle to themselves.

Percy walked straight over to Blackjack a couple of doors down.

"Hey Blackjack" He rubbed his horse's nose. Percy and Blackjack had a great relationship. Blackjack was a large horse and fully black. He loved doughnuts and sugar cubes and Percy and he seemed to communicate like they could read each other's minds

As if to prove that point Percy laughed. "No, I don't have any sugar cubes."

Blackjack huffed and backed away, clearly annoyed with Percy. Percy rolled his eyes and walked over to a wall, where saddles and other riding equipment were kept.