Chapter 2

Edited

All rights to character apart from Linwaethiel belong to Tolkien and the creators of this wonderful piece of fantasy.

Linwaethiel's POV

Rising from my bed in the middle of the night I felt a cold shiver across my spine. Gathering up my cloak, I covered myself up and left the comfort of my room. Wandering through the halls I reached the library I pressed it open, my bare feet padding through silently. Looking up I saw Lord Elrond sitting upon a seat, a frown stitching his eyebrows together. Reaching him, I lay a hand upon his shoulder meeting his eye, a confused look upon my face.
"Arwen has ridden out to find the ranger along with the four hobbits." I gasped silently and looked out a window, as if in hope of seeing my father. "What worries me is the great threat that these hobbits bring with them. It does not bode well."
I gestured silently to him, he was one of few that knew the language I used.
"Arwen shall return in a few days." I nodded before picking a book from shelf and returning to my room, bowing my head to Elrond before leaving. Returning to my room I settled the book on my bed and entered the bathroom. Pulling up my tunic I inspected the old wound I got after an attack from an orc. It was partly healed leaving an ugly scar upon my ribs. I sighed and returned to bed, preparing to rest until my father returned.

~~~~~~~~

A few days later I was out at the practice court firing arrows at a target on the wall. As soon as one hit, another followed. I felt frustrated that Arwen had not returned yet. What had happened to her? Was she alive? Was my father alive?
Growling in frustration I dropped my bow and threw a volley of knives all hitting the target with loud 'thunks'. In the silence that followed I heard a clattering of hooves upon the stone court yard. Running over, I was met with the sight of Arwen sliding off with the small form of a hobbit. Stopping I stared at the pale form and watched as Elrond rushed forward to take the hobbit. Turning Arwen saw me and hurried over.
"He was stabbed by a Morgul blade, while he traveled with your father." I quickly glanced at her, instantly wondering if my father was alright.
"Do not worry Linwaethiel. Your father is well." I sighed in relief and remained where I was as she left.

~~~~~~~~

A few days later I was training with the soldiers of Rivendell, practicing my long knives. The clanging of swords rang in my head as I blocked and slashed backwards with one of my twin knives. The guard behind me was unprepared and received a blow to his chest and fell backwards crashing into two others who were preparing to attack. Turning forwards again I raised my knife and met the downwards swipe of the guards sword.
"My Lady Linwaethiel!" All fighting abruptly stopped at the call of my name. Wiping sweat from my forehead I turned to face the elf that had called. Being new to Rivendell he awaited my answer for him to carry on. Breathing a sigh, I silently nodded my head urging him to carry on. He looked taken aback by my silence and stuttered out the message. "Lord Elrond has summoned you to the inner courtyard, my lady."

When he didn't specify why I had been summoned I sighed quietly again and walked past him. Turning to him, I nodded my head and waved goodbye to the guards. As I walked off I heard the laughter of the guards at the poor elf, making fun of his blunder at not realising Lady Linwaethiel and The Silent Warrior were one and the same. I smiled as I worked my way through the halls, pausing briefly to pick up my hooded cloak from my room after seeing a blonde man stomping through the halls. Not feeling comfortable being seen as a women I decided to guard myself with my anonymity and covered my face with the hood. Once I'd done that, I carried on to the the inner courtyard where I was met with many stares. They affected my little as I swept my eyes across them until I saw Aragorn sitting among the crowd. Upon seeing me he stepped forwards nodding in greeting, before pulling me in for a quick hug. I smiled as I pulled away checking over his face.