Chapter 25

For the next couple of days Linwaethiel rode in silence, her mood having returned sombre mood it had been before reaching Edoras. It wasn't improved by the near constant rain that poured from the sky making her hood weight heavier on her head. As she glanced up through the rain she saw the lights of the small town/village of Bree. She sighed and hastened her mare to reach the gate and banged on it loudly. A hatch was opened and a face poked through.

"What?" Linwaethiel raised her brow before moving sideways so her figure was lit up by the lantern. The gatekeepers eyes widened before he quickly pulled open the gate. "Apologies. I had known."

Linwaethiel rolled her eyes before she trotted forwards entering Bree. Reaching the Prancing Pony she swung off the horse, leading her around to the stables at the back. She removed the saddle and the bags and left her to be cared for by the Stable hand.

Entering the pub she walked up to the bar close in the corner and ordered her drink using an old piece of paper. Once she got her mug of ale she wandered over to the seat in the corner, sliding I heavily masking her feminine attitude. She sat sipping her ale as her clothes dried, watching people meander about slowly from place to place. One man attempted to come sit beside her but was quickly convinced otherwise at the sight of her knife at her thigh. The light grew dimmer as true night entered and the crowd grew rowdier reminding her of the first time she had laid eyes on the small hobbit, Frodo.

She smiled slightly before stiffening as a tall figure settled in the seat across from her.

"I should hope this seat was not taken." A voice spoke and she relaxed recognising the old before her.

Good to see you Gandalf. Though I am curious to know how you knew I'd be here.

"It was as simple as reading the letter from your father. He told me to keep an eye out for you. Though it was Arwen who informed me where you were planning to go." Linwaethiel smiled softly before straightening her expression as men were watching the duo converse. Raising her mug to her mouth again she sighed realising what else her father might have said.

Did he mention anything else Mithrandir? She saw The White Wizard's expression and sighed. Placing her mug down she freed her hands. Any advice will not be any I haven't heard before. Though come to think of it there is barely any advice to be given.

"It is not my business who you choose to love, nor who Legolas chooses to love. Though I must ask. Do you love Legolas?" Linwaethiel looked up to meet Gandalf's calm eyes. She looked down and pursed her lips her eyebrows scrunching together. She thought for a second and the Old Wizard watched the young elleth thinking smiling silently to himself, for he already knew of feeling the two elves held for each other. Most that knew the two did. It was only Linwaethiel now who struggled with her feelings. Her muted voice not having allowed her normal relationships with men.

They remained there well into early morning before separating to their own rooms to sleep. The next day they both traveled onwards to Hobbiton passing through Buckland getting odd looks from the hobbits that happened upon them. Reaching Hobbiton they passed an old hobbit who watched them with a piercing glare as if they would cause trouble. And glancing sideways at Gandalf, Linwaethiel had to agree. They kept moving until they happened upon a hobbit hole with a round yellow door. They paused and Gandalf's wagon pony nickered alerting the residents to visitors. The door opened to reveal small hobbit children before the door closed and they heard the distinct voice of Sam telling them not to open the door just because they were curious.

The door opened once more to reveal said hobbit who's face broke into a huge smile. Linwaethiel leapt down from her horse landing silently and threw back her hood revealing her smiling face to the near crying hobbit. She stepped forwards and bowed before the hobbit who stuttered out in protest and embarrassment. Gandalf chuckled before they heard shouts from over a hill. Pippin and Merry came tumbling over the hill. Linwaethiel and Gandalf both laugh before Linwaethiel was pushed to the ground by the two hobbits. She hugged them before rising to her feet lifting them as well. She set them on the ground and ruffled their hair.