Chapter 23

A month had passed, leaving Linwaehtiel more agitated than normal, leading to her to brood in silence. The only one capable of getting her to enter into any form of communication was Eldarion. And tonight was no different. Eldarion was off amusing himself with the son and daughter of Faramir and Eowyn. They had had twins, both with them inheriting their father's hair and their mother's eyes. They were beautiful and angelic but when matched with Eldarion they were a force of evil. Eldarion playing with them left the princess of Gondor to sit along on her seat drinking wine in a beautiful white and nude dress (above^^). The sleeves trailed down from her arms as she lifted the goblet, pooling at her elbows. Her red hair was plaited back from her face, trailing down the back of her chair, the waves making it unruly. Her gold eyes watched the crowd of dancing people, some of them elves and some of them human, yet for one night they put aside their differences and danced joyfully. Except for Linwaethiel.

The previous month her conversation with the King was broken apart by a guard calling for the Silent Warriors help. One of the Citadel's guards had gotten into an argument with an elf in Thranduil's troupe which had escalated to a duel. She had had to wade in and break them up though not before receiving a cut on her upper arm and thigh. Now she sat there watching them with irritation as they seemed to have forgotten all about it. She had danced twice, once with her father and once with Thranduil. Both had persuaded her into it. After a while she had given in and danced with them, a rare sight as she often refused to participate in such activities but was beautiful in many of the male's opinions.

Legolas was busy dancing with a blonde beauty of the aristocracy, not that anyone could remember her name or title. His eyes were fixed on the red headed elleth frowning at her empty cup. Luckily for him the music changed and he bid his partner a goodbye before heading towards Linwaethiel with a jug of wine. Reaching her he poured it into her cup and watched her gold eyes flicker to his then away. Neither said anything and kept each other company.

Legolas wore a light green pair of silken clothes with dark grey leggings, disappearing into his knee high boots. He wore a circlet on his head that was woven into his hair which fell down his back in blonde silvery waves. His circlet matched Linwaethiel's silver circlet which disappeared into the curled braids on the back of her head. They looked like a couple sitting beside each other, their clothing matching and complimenting each other. As night fell they watched from the corner of their eyes as they laughed, him having finally broken through her silence, and quite possibly her sobriety. He stood and offered his hand pulling her into the dance. They twirled into the dance, moving fluidly and elegantly, their elven elegance shining through the mass of other couples. Surrounding couples paused in their dances to give room to the dancing couple who seemed to be in their own world.

Linwaethiel's POV

This night could not be going worse. I thought as I stared into the empty cup. I felt the eyes of the people in the courtyard on me but refused to look up from my empty cup. Silently in the background I heard the music change and knew the next dance had started. Suddenly wine was poured into my cup and I looked up to find the Elven Prince pouring the wine. I met his eyes before looking away as he sat down beside me. Neither of us spoke and my thoughts slipped back to the words exchanged between myself and the King of the Elves.

"But I know that you both love one another and that is needed for a marriage to work."

"How would you know I love him?"

"You look at him the same way I looked at my first wife."  I glanced at him before looking away. "He does love you. You might not think he does but I know for a fact he does. And I'm sure that without an arranged marriage between you he would still choose to marry you. Not only because of the strength you would give to both Kingdoms but also because of the strength of you as yourself. He loves you."