A Flashforward

Thanks to all my readers for your continuous love and support of this fanfic. I thought for sure it would drop out of existence and not be read after completion 😅 boy was I wrong. Currently at 88K (wow btw) as I'm writing this I thought I'd give a little flash forward into the life of Linwaethiel.

The horses clattered into the courtyard, the entourage of elves riding them pulling them to a stop around the greenery at the top of Minas Tirith. The red headed queen of Greenwood dropped from her horse, her boots landing without sound on the stone ground. Wrapped around her front was a young elfling, thumb sucked on between his lips. Smiling she brushed his auburn locks back before walking over the the white horse to help a young girl down. Legolas dropped from the same horse and lifted a hand, pulling their heads so their foreheads could reach, the other softly ruffling their daughters silvery waves.

Pulling away Linwaethiel smiled softly. I love you. Legolas smirked at the hand signs before repeating them.

"Always." Legolas replied out loud before glancing around at the elf's around them. "Take the horses to the stables and then get some rest."

The elves nodded before all but two rode away, the last two being the guards on duty - even though the family wouldn't need them within the halls of Minas Tirith.

Looking down at her daughter Linwaethiel sent a smirk before lifting her hands to sign.
Why don't you run along to find your uncle and aunts.

Aewenthel's sweet smile broke into a grin as she bounced away, her long legs carrying her up the steps with her parents and younger brother following closely behind her. Linwaethiel's golden gaze flicked from person to person noting the age taking the toll on them. Whilst she had ultimately decided to keep her gift of long life to live it out with Legolas she was sad to watch age catch up with the men of Middle Earth. Legolas senses his wife's dampened mood and placed a hand on the small of her back, thumb tracing small circles. The red head briefly closed her eyes lips turning up at the corner.

Entering the throne room after her silver haired daughter Linwaethiel's easy smile spread as she spotted her family all gathered in there. Aewenthel bounded over to join her aunts and uncles some of them appearing twice her age though they were born just a few years apart. Looking to the table Legolas gave his beloved a quick kiss before moving to speak with the older children of Aragorn.

Linwaethiel trotted over to the table set in the corner of the room softly greeting Arwen who smiled across at her from where she softly played with a grandchild of hers. Finally reaching her father Linwaethiel bent to kiss his greying hair.

"Hello father." He grinned back at her before spotting the baby swaddled in a wrap against her chest. This allowed her the use of both hands, something she had insisted upon since having Aewenthel. Unwrapping her auburn haired son she handed Eragorn over to his grandfather and smiled softly seeing the two.

It had been many years since the final war of the ring. Many years she had run away before returning to save her future husband's life. And not that many years since Eldarion was just a young boy. Now he was a man, though he still acted like a child around his sisters and niece, who now hung off his arm as he spoke to his brother-in-law.

"It's been a long time." Aragorn murmured. Linwaethiel nodded looking back to her father as Arwen moved to sit beside her husband, a finger stroking Eragorn's chubby cheek. The baby giggled his oddly coloured eyes looking between his two grandparents. He'd inherited the blue of his Elven grandfather, Thranduil in one eye. And his mother's gold in the other.

"We have been travelling for a while. Gimli seems to be enjoying his time with Legolas, though it makes it rather difficult to come visit."

"How is the stubborn dwarf?" Aragorn chuckled.

"Stubborn as ever." All three turned to Legolas as he wandered over, Aewenthel skipping alongside him.

"I see you haven't changed, Legolas. You're taking after your mother, Aewenthel." The young Ellet grinned as she hugged Aragorn. He was one of few who made an effort to tell her she looked like her mother since her appearance mirrored that of her father's family. Linwaethiel reaches over to stroke her daughter's cheek smiling when the elleth glanced at her.

Arwen grinned when Aewenthel finally took notice of her moving around the table to hug the older elleth. Eldarion left the company of his sisters and joined the group picking up a fussy Eragorn to cuddle after kissing his red headed sister's cheek.

"It's good to see you, Linwaethiel."

"It's good to see you too... before you started turning grey like father is." She smirked as Aragorn sent her an unimpressed look.

"I see that not much has changed from when you threw objects at me during a temper tantrum." Linwaethiel rolled her golden eyes as Legolas laughed. Aewenthel turned her wide curious gaze to the three.

"Nana did that?"

"Yes, your mother had quite the temper back then." Aragorn chuckled.

"Still does." Legolas muttered before grinning innocently at his wife when she glared up at him. Everyone laughed at the interaction before Aewenthel clambered into her grandfather's lap. Eldarion's sisters wandered over to join the family, abandoning their previous activity.

"Will you tell me what Nana and Ada were like back then?" Aragorn smiled before heading straight into a story, much like those written by Bilbo Baggins. Linwaethiel looked about at her family who all laughed together at a part of Aragorn's tale, Legolas and Arwen both helping to add details he missed out. They sure had come a long way since the war.

AN
It's short, but I thought this would be a nice little look into the future that Linwaethiel would have. Hope you like it!