Chapter 22

Just wanted to say thank you for reading and if there are any questions or anything you want to say write a comment. If you want an answer to a question please label it 'Q' so I know if it's rhetorical or not. Hope you guys are enjoying it, and actually reading.

Third Person POV

The next morning everyone set for breakfast, chatting silently about the events of the previous night when the doors slammed open and Linwaethiel stormed in. Her hands already flying in gestures too fast for some to read.

"Yes Linwaethiel, I have banned you from leaving this city for the time being. A threat to your brothers life was made last night and another could be made on either of you quite soon." Arwen watched her husband answer his daughter in a calm manner, his eyes focused on the tirade of signals her hands were forming.

I am much safer outside of here and Eldarion would be safer if the security wasn't so lacking. Aragorn raised a single eyebrow at his hooded daughter before rising, his dark blue tunic and overcoat showing his royalty, a sight very few saw as the King was known to be humble and proud of his Ranger background, often choosing less extravagant clothing. But with Thranduil's presence itching the citadel a certain level was expected of the king.

"The security is not lacking, they are just not as trained to the sight of a traitor as your eyes are, Linwaethiel. And you would do well to remember that. Now about you remaining within the city. There are no negotiations." His daughters golden eyes glared at him from under the hood.

So I am to sit around, like some trained pup, waiting for my chance to leave. No one will come for me, I no longer hold anything that is worth taking. I am not the heir to the throne. Nor am I a child, I can fend for myself. Her father gripped her arm gently and pulled her away from everyone, realising the arm so he could gesture once they were far enough away.

I know you are not a child, nor have you been for many years, but I will not take a chance that they won't want you dead.

Then I will handle that!

No! It is final, you are to remain in Minas Tirith until I am sure no one is going to threaten you or Eldarion.

No one is! Aragorn looked surprised before sunrise turned to suspicion.

"What did you do?" She looked offended before glancing away.

I searched their minds, none hold any hatred for us. I needed to know.

That is not something you have done in the past.

That I know, Aragorn. But I need to get away from here, I can't be stuck here like I was before Eldarion was born. I was a warrior, I traveled around I had freedom that I can only dream of now that I am a princess. I can't stay here. Aragorn looked into his daughters gold eyes that shone with desperation beneath the hood.

"Remain here until Thranduil's visit is over, then you may travel for another three years. But after those three years you must return and stay for a while. During your three years we would appreciate a visit." Upon saying the last sentence Linwaethiel could see the mischief in her father's eyes and quickly thanked him, walking over to sit by Legolas and Gimli for breakfast. She nodded at the two but made no attempt at joining in their conversation. They were talking about exiting the city to hunt orcs that had been sighted at the border of the mountain range to the north. As she sat beside them she watched as her father conversed with the King of Elves. They seemed to be half arguing about something with their queens' eyes flicking between them and their adoptive children. Linwaethiel narrowed her eyes before making eye contact with Arwen but the older elleth turned away confirming her suspicion that it involved herself and the elven prince. She glanced sideways before lifting her hands, enough so only Gimli and Legolas would see.