Chapter 20

Third Person POV

The next day arrived quickly and Linwaethiel rose to the knock of a healer coming to check her wounds. They had healed quickly and left minimal scarring, leaving her back and arms smooth on the visible parts. The only wound to scar badly was the arrow wound on her shoulder which had reopened three times since she received it on the retreat from Osgiliath. It caused her no pain but left a knotted scar on her shoulder, not easily covered by the dress given for her to wear. She grimaced slightly but slid on the green floor length dress, the sleeves were short and showed off her arms, revealing multiple miniature scars from previous fights. She slipped on a pair of slipper like shoes and allowed her hair to be plaited back into an elvish half plait, leaving a lot of her hair to tumble down her spine. She was unused to leaving her hair undone, preferring to have it either in a ponytail or in a full braid. She allowed herself to be escorted by a guard to outside Frodo's room where the fellowship awaited his awakening. She smiled and embraced her father before greeting the rest standing around in new clothes. Her father looked every bit the king he should be in his red clothes.
Hearing a voice inside the room and the laughter of the wizard, Pippin and Merry were the first to run in, calling his name as the leapt on the bed. Next Gimli walked in followed by Legolas. Aragorn entered, his daughter on his arm, something not often seen as they were often in stoic warrior modes. Linwaethiel smiled softly at the hobbit surrounded by his friends called out Aragorn's name and watched his face brighten as the rest of the Fellowship entered. Sam wondered in last and the two hobbits smiled at each other, exchanging knowing looks. Linwaethiel watched the exchange with a small smile, understanding the expressions on their faces, through dreams she had experienced the terrors along with them, but did not wish to intrude.

~~~~~~~

Two days later the coronation was to be held and the castle was in an uproar. The most silent of all was Linwaethiel glaring as her father.

And why can't I stand beside the rest of the Fellowship? Why am I to stand upfront? Her hands showed her frustration as they formed the words agitatedly.

"Because you are my daughter, and therefore the future princess of Gondor." Her father was calm, his amusement at her childish tirade clear in his eyes. She had never been one to show emotion choosing often to remain under a hood, even in his company. This new Linwaethiel was much like her childhood days. Showing emotion and interest in things, though still showing a hatred towards dresses as her nose scrunched up at the choices laid before her. None offered her a hood to hide behind and that caused a problem as she did not wish to stand in front of thousand of people without her safety net. He smiled again before her angry golden eyes flickered to his.

The people will not want an elleth as a princess of Gondor, it is not right. Nor am I of any legitimate standing to receive a title such as 'Princess of Gondor'. She was yet again pacing her eyes flickering from him to the dresses, her booted feet tapping along the floor.

"The people do wish it, the council decided, not from my wish, but from the wishes of the people. Many of the warriors you fought beside are extremely happy to hear you will receive the title and remain here... if you wish." Linwaethiel looked at him, before nodding, still angry.

I do wish to remain here, but I do not believe I should receive the title. I am no princess.

"And I was no king, but I will still do what is wished and needed of me... princess Linwaethiel." He said this wth a knowing smile before he made it to the door narrowly missing the comb and knives being thrown at him by his daughter. He chuckled outside before looking at the Wizard echoing his laughter. He smiled at his old friends and walked over to join them as the walked down the corridor.