Chapter 21

Third Person POV

Five years passed in the blink of an eye, and the royal family flourished into their roles. Linwaethiel gaining freedom of movement as her half brother was born. Because of this new heir, Linwaethiel was able to leave the Citadel when she wanted to hunt down the remaining orcs. Eldarion, was born two years after the return of the king and people rejoiced at the knowledge of an heir being born. Linwaethiel remained silent as ever, quickly teaching her brother the hand signals she uses to speak. Eldarion picked up on it quickly, and soon they were flying through conversations. The young prince, spoke few words, for a three year old. Often the words spoken were questions about his sisters whereabouts. She was at this point out exploring and hunting for orcs. Her face once more hidden beneath a dark green hood, her anonymity restored, yet recognisable to people who knew her.

She was out riding on the black mare of the great war. She was loyal and obedient, listening to Linwaethiel's silent commands. As they rode through the early morning light, a soft breeze carried the ruthless calls of the beasts she was hunting. She turned the mare towards the noise, before leaping into the trees, the mare trotting off to find something to eat. Linwaethiel bounded silently through the trees, jumping from branch to branch, her presence going unnoticed. As she reached the pack of orcs she saw a company of horse riders in the distance, still far enough away that they remained undetected. She pulled out her bow and arrow as she ran, releasing arrows and killing the orcs. Once they realised what was happening the orcs began firing back. None hit their mark. She leapt down from the tree and engaged the first orc, killing it quickly with one of her short knives on her hip. Switching weapons in the blink of an eye, she drew her silver twin blades and twirled forwards, killing orcs as she went. Her hooded face remained expressionless, her Orcish title being called in panic, as the orcs warned one another of the silent warrior. As more came at her, she whistled loudly and heard the clopping of hooves coming towards her. She leapt sideways reaching out and grabbed the reigns swinging up into the saddle as the mare ran straight into two orcs, knocking their swords back into themselves. The last orc stood still, its fear leading to stupidity.

The hooded elf rode forwards and swiped her sword, decapitating the orc just as the company arrived. The sun shone across the hill in front of them, illuminating the image of a horse rider beside the falling body of an orc. As she heard the horses stop she turned to see the company were elves. One elf broke the line and rode forwards, his blonde hair matching that of the leader of the company who sat upon an elven elk. The blonde elf rose forwards and upon reaching the hooded rider and exchanged silent hand signals before a loud chuckle could be heard in the crowd. Both turned to see a dwarf ride up to them as he loudly greeted the rider. They spoke silently, all three using the hand gestures, the two friends having practiced over the past five years. After a while the company behind them grew impatient.

"Man cerig, Legolas?" (What are you doing, Legolas?) The leader spoke, his elvish words floating in the wind. Legolas turned to him before glancing back the woman behind him. She reached up to her hood and pulled it back, allowing her hair to tumble out and flow in the wind from the half plaited ponytail. She swiped her blades before sheathing them as she turned to bow her head politely to the Elven King.

"Ada, this is Lady Lin- huff!" He broke off partway through as an elbow connected with his ribs, he glanced sideways to the hooded elleth beside him and saw her glare. He nodded before turning back to his father. "This is Linwaethiel, daughter of the King of Gondor, the Silent Warrior. And a friend."

The King of - previously named Mirkwood, now, - Greenwood, watched them silently before bowing his head in respect. He nudged the elk forwards and rode towards the three companions and stopped before them, looking at the silent elleth before him.