"Do You Trust Me"(part 1)

Marinette's eyes started to flutter open.  She groaned and looked curiously around the room,"M-mom?  D-dad?"  They both shouted,"Marinette!"  They walked up to her.  They both talked at the same time saying stuff like "Marinette, you're awake!", "Thank god...", and "Are you ok?"  She wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention,"Where's Chat, he saved me.  I wanted to say 'thank you'."  Tom and Sabine looked at each other.  Tom had said,"We know about you two, Marinette."  She blushed hard,"I um I'm sorry I didn't tell you about us."  Tom nodded and told her it's ok.  Marinette asked once more,"Where is Chat?"  Tom hesitated to get an answer out of his mouth,"He...err...he said to tell you that...he isn't sure that you two should see each other...because...because he doesn't want you to get more hurt.  Anyways it's for the best you don't want to end up in another situation like this."  Marinette let one hot tear roll down her cheek and scoffed,"I really shouldn't have expected more from him."  Tom said one more thing that really got Marinette steamed,"Also, you will be staying with your cousins.  In LA."  Marinette shouted abruptly,"What?!  No way, that's just about over a four thousand miles away!"

After Marinette left the hospital...

Marinette sighed, today was officially her last day in Paris until who knows how long.  She wanted to say bye to Chat before she left but she assumed that he wouldn't want to see her.  The time went by faster than Marinette ever thought, she found herself daydreaming every other minute.  The intercom called out her flight.  She gave a quick goodbye to her mom and dad before leaving.  She boarded the flight feeling an oddness deep inside her, emptiness.  Without Chat by her side to comfort her she didn't feel anything.  She thought to herself,"Wow.  Who would've guessed that I loved that stupid cat as something more than a friend."  She dozed again, having the illusion in her mind that Chat saw Tikki and-- "Wait a second, TIKKI." ,She thought.  She patted her bag gently feeling a little lump.  She opened it and peeked inside.  She asked quietly,"Tikki, thank goodness you're here."  Tikki yawned and whispered back to Marinette,"Well of course I'm here.  By the way I had to save some of the cookies that were left over in your bag while you were dealing with the stab."  Marinette gave her some extra cookies, then completely skipped to another topic, she explained how they were on a plane, going to LA.  A sudden thought appeared in Marinette's mind,"What about Ladybug?"  She asked Tikki and she replied with a reassuring answer,"Hawkmoth's kwami can detect if other kwamis are near or not.  Since he is under Hawkmoth's control he has to tell him everything that's going on.  Since one hero is not there he has no point in throwing out akumas."

At LA...

Marinette walked up to the door and ringed the doorbell.  Her aunt and uncle, Lilianna and John, answered the door and shouted,"Marinette!  Please, please, come in.  It's been forever since we've seen you, how are you?"  As Marinette was walking through the door she replied,"Good and you?"  Lilianna answered,"We are absolutely splendid, thank you for asking."  Lilianna showed her around and told her that her room was the very last door on the left, upstairs.  Marinette started walking up the stairs to her room.  On her way there she saw her two cousins, Angela and Sky.  She called out to them and they looked her way saying,"Marinette!"  They ran to each other and gave hugs.  They walked Marinette to her room, before Sky got to say anything Angela said,"If you need anything we'll be right next door."  As they walked out and shut the door behind them Marinette heard Sky say,"Hey!  I was gonna say that."  She laughed at the two's bantering.  Then she again realized that she wasn't in Paris.

Meanwhile in Paris...

Adrien was alone.  He would normally see Marinette at this time but the closest thing he had to her was that picture.  Adrien hadn't even seen Ladybug since the kiss.  "She didn't even show up for the Akuma attack.", Adrien thought.  He sighed as he stared at the picture.  He heard a knock at his door, he quickly hid the picture and told whoever was behind the door to come in.  It was Nathalie she spoke in her usual serious tone,"Adrien, your father says that tomorrow you will be leaving out to LA.  Pack your bag with anything you need so you can be ready for tomorrow.  You will attend school then we will call for you when ready to leave."  With that she left and closed the door to leave Adrien alone once more.  Adrien's did as he was told and started to pack.  After he put all his clothes inside he grabbed the picture of Marinette and him.  He went to sleep, waiting for it to be the next day already.

The next day...

Adrien stepped out of his limo to be greeted by his friends.  Nino noticed that Adrien looked unusual,"Hey dude why the long face?"  Then Alya stepped in saying in a joking manner,"Is it because Marinette went to visit her cousins, in LA, for a while.  Adrien looked up confused,"Huh, how do you know?"  Alya laughed,"Because I'm her best friend, she texted me.  Here look."  She pulled up the text and showed it to him.  Adrien wasn't even worried how she was alive, he was just glad that he was.  Adrien's face brightened,"Could you send me the address she's staying at, I'm going there for a photo shoot and if I had time I want to say hi."  Alya nodded and sent it to him right after he said that.  They all went to class.  Later in Adrien's second period they called for him to leave.  Adrien walked out to the limo and was off to the airport.

Back in LA when Adrien arrives...

The photographer saw that the sun was already setting and told Adrien that it would be too dark to do a photoshoot that day.  Adrien went to a hotel anxious to leave to see Marinette.  After everything was set up and unpacked it was already dark out.  Adrien went out of the room and went out to buy some stuff at the store before going to Marinette's house, luckily there was some stores nearby.  After Adrien bought everything he needed he hid somewhere and turned into Chat.  He called for a taxi since he didn't know the area well.  Once he got to the address he walked out and hid somewhere to turn into Chat.  He went up on top of the roof of where Marinette was staying.  Chat setup everything he got and moved over to a window, he checked if it was Marinette's.  He smiled at the sight of seeing her.  He knocked on the window, startling Marinette.  She turned around and saw Chat.  She shook her head thinking,"No way.  I must be seeing things."  She turned back around, Chat knocked on the window again.  Marinette immediately started to cry, she opened the window.  Chat opened his arms to console her, she just turned the other way, shaking.  He grabbed her shoulder softly, she smacked it off.  She spoke out with as much effort as she had,"I-I don't want to see you."  Chat frowned but then smiled softly,"Well then, close your eyes.  You trust me don't you?"  She scoffed,"Trust you?!  How could I ever.  I loved you Chat, but you didn't love me back, I guess."  He tilted his head,"What?  Marinette, I'll love you forever.  I thought you died, I barely heard that you're alive today."  Marinette closed her eyes tight and turned around,"What?  But my da-".  Chat put his finger on her lips, hushing her.  He cupped her face and kissed her.  Marinette still had her eyes closed, except they were so close to opening.  Chat moved his hand down to her wrist and pulled her to the window,"Marinette, do you trust me?"  She couldn't even speak,"I...er...um...no...I mean...yes."  He picked her up and said,"Good."  Chat brought her up to the roof and told her,"Don't open your eyes yet."

Wow it's been a while guys.  Sorry for the super long break.  I had testing this week.  Also I don't exactly have Saturdays to myself anymore, I do skating now, whoop whoop.  But yeah there's that and thanks to all who have waited so long for me.
Till next time xoxo, Ladybug1077