Chapter Six

Going the Distance - Chapter Six

Good Day?

The sun made it's way past the curtains. That's a good sign, right?

I needed this day to go swiftly. I also needed it to be a good day. I stood up and walked into the lounge, no Neve. Where was she? She wasn't home last night, I just thought that she was staying at work late.

My questions were answered, however, when I checked my phone.

I won't be home tonight. Staying at my boyfriend's. She had sent that at 9pm. I was in bed. I grabbed myself a cup of hot tea and then started to get ready.

I was starting to get into this routine quite quickly. Getting ready, leaving the flat, getting a bus and getting to work on time. Hopefully, today, I wouldn't be bumping into any attractive people.

I got into work at 8am exactly and found that Mr Farley was not in his room so I rapidly made my way to my desk and started sending more letters off.

At around 10am, Mr Farley made his way into my room.

"Hello Jenny," He glanced at me and then looked at what I was doing. "I have to apologise about yesterday."

Well. That surprised me. I was not expecting that!

"Urm it's okay." I looked up at him and saw how sympathetic he looked. He shut the door and sat opposite me.

"It's just, my wife and I. All we have done lately is argue and I seem to be taking it out on others. You seemed to take it pretty well though. Most would just argue back and slam the door behind them." He explained and chuckled. I felt a bit sorry for him, I know what it is like to be in that position but I felt happy when he complimented me.

"It's fine, we all feel a bit angry at some time in our lives." I said, looking at him directly. He smiled.

"I am very happy that you understand." He stood up and made his way to the door. "Oh and that reminds me, I have a different job for you today."

Different Job?

"I need you to sort out scripts for the different actors that are going to be in the film. There's a list somewhere, I'll pass it to you in a minute. It's not too hard, I just need you to type out the scripts and pass them back to me."

"Okay." I smiled. He nodded and strolled out of the room. I carried on with the letters for half an hour. The secretary knocked on my door, i signalled my hand to let her in.
She smiled as she paced in and placed the stack of papers on my desk.

"Here are the scripts," She responded, "Oh and don't worry, Mr Farley understands that you won't get most of them done today. He said to take as much time as you need."

"Thank you." I replied, very sincere. I started to absolutely love this job. Everybody had became so kind.

I typed out the scripts for the rest of the day, put my coat on and said goodbye to Mr Farley before leaving.

I stepped out into the foggy, winter air and looked around for Benedict. He said that he would meet me here.

I almost jumped out of my skin when he appeared behind me. He was leaning against the old brick wall of the office.

"Hello," He said, "How are you?"

I looked at his high-cheekboned, smiling face.

"Hello, I'm fine," I grinned and we started walking to Starbucks. "I'm paying."