Chapter Eight

Going the Distance - Chapter Eight

Next few weeks

Me and Benedict met for coffee every night for a couple of weeks. We had became really good friends and I cared for him a lot. I had gotten his phone number and texted him frequently.

I leaned against the wall next to the entrance of the office. He walked out.

"Guess who's the late one today?" I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed. He usually had to wait for me. He walked to me and embraced me in a hug.

We strolled to Starbucks and ordered our usual coffee. We sat down and talked.

It was just normal chat about our day until Christmas became a topic of one of our conversations.

"So what are your plans for Christmas?" He asked me. Neve was spending christmas with her boyfriend's family. I had no extended family in London. I had no other friends in London. How embarrassing.

"Oh I've got a lot going on." I lied. My cheeks were slightly pink. I had only just realised that I had no plans and I was going to spend christmas the same way that I did last year, a meal for one and television. Sigh.

"I don't what I am doing this year. I think I'm probably going to my parents. That's what I usually do anyway." He smiled.

"So, did you do anything interesting today?" I completely shook off the subject. It was next week. Christmas was next week.

He walked me to my bus stop again, as normal after the coffee.

"Listen, Jenny. Can I ask you something?" He was a little bit serious but not too serious.

"Yes." I said, still looking at the road for my bus.

"Would you ever consider going to a party with me?" I turned and looked at him.

"Of course." I replied, he looked relieved.

"My friend is throwing a party tomorrow night and if I go by myself, I would feel way too awkward as I don't know anyone there. So can you come with me?" It was just too cute. He looked so embarrassed and awkward.

"Yes." I remarked. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you. If you text me your address, I'll come and pick you up. It starts at 7. Ok?" He smiled.

"Yes, that's fine." I hugged him and my bus arrived later than it should have. I hopped on and waved goodbye to Ben. Awww. He was so adorable.

I was excited for this party though. I was actually going to be social.