Chapter Fifteen

Going the Distance - Chapter Fifteen

Christmas Eve

I gazed at myself in the mirror. My flu had completely disappeared which was brilliant. I had created a smokey effect on my eye lids and had complimented it with nude lips. The black dress looked good and I had curled my blonde hair, it fell onto my shoulders. I actually looked really nice. For once.

I walked into the lounge and Benedict was stood by the open front door, Neve was in the kitchen. Ben was wearing a black suit with a black tie, he looked elegant, as usual. As I started to stride towards him, he noticed me and turned to glance at me. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hello." I grinned, grabbing my bag from the sofa.

"You look amazing." He studied my face with those fascinating eyes of his.

"Thank you. You look very handsome." He chuckled and took my hand.

"Bye Neve!" I said, before closing the door behind us.

"Bye!" I heard her shout.

He led me onto the London streets and walked with me to the restaurant. It was close so no taxi was needed.

"How are you?" I turned to him, starting conversation.

"Very good, thanks," He grinned, I could never get tired of that smile. "And you?"

"I'm fine." I felt his hand clasp tighter on mine.

We walked across a busy road and entered the restaurant, Benedict opening the door for me first. The waitress led us to a table for two that was right next to a small fountain which was beautiful.

The whole place was beautiful. It had a dark pink theme running through it and there were roses on every table. It was very posh.

When we were seated, I could feel Benedict's eyes on me. We ordered our meals to the waitress and gave the menu's back. She came back shortly with a bottle of red wine, which she poured for us. I thanked her and then glanced back at Benedict. He looked unbelievably smart.

We had our meal and drank our wine until late in the evening. His presence was like a gift to me, I absolutely adored it. I adored him. I hoped that nothing could ever tear us apart.

We decided to leave after our second bottle of wine, instantly noticing the rain smashing against the pavement. He had his arm around my waist as he tried to catch a taxi but it was no use, no taxis were stopping. We found some shelter outside of a clothes store as we waited for the weather to stop being as bad. I leaned against the wall of the shop.

We eventually did get a taxi. Benedict told the driver to go to his house.