Chapter Twelve

Going the Distance - Chapter Twelve

Happy?

"He obviously likesyou," She was trying to seem convincing but I wasn't falling for it. I looked hesitant and she noticed this. "Come on, Jenny, he wouldn't have asked you to the party if he didn't."

I had so many doubts. A ridiculous amount. I looked away from her eyes and she scooted closer to me on the sofa. She placed her arm around my shoulders. I leaned into her.

"Don't worry, Jenny. He would be a fool not to like you. Anyway, I could see it when he knocked at our door and asked for you, he was eager to see you." I chuckled. She let go of my shoulders and stood up, walking towards the front door.

"I'm going grocery shopping, want anything specific?" She turned to me, smiling. I shook my head. "Okay." She shut the door, behind her, and I ran myself a bath, lighting a few candles while doing so. The flames danced as I soaked in the bath, the scent of lavender in the air. I closed my eyes.

Next morning-

I got changed and bounced my way to work. Happier than usual. The sun was shining, although the air was still cool. I was beaming as I almost jogged through the market, making my way to the bus shelter. The bus pulled up, exactly on time, I jumped onto it. I knew my way to work like the back of my hand.

When I arrived at my stop, I stepped off, thanking the driver, and turned to stroll down the right of the pavement.

I eventually arrived to work. Opening the door to the heated office entrance.

"Hello Trisha." I said, whilst making my way to the main corridor.

"Hello Jenny." The Receptionist grinned back at me.

I danced to my room, acknowledging the paintings on the corridor walls.

"Jenny! Lovely to see you." Mr Farley walked towards me in the corridor, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. How are you?" I smiled.

"Just brilliant," He beamed, "I must go, I will speak to you later."

He strolled past me as I stepped into my room. I sat down and began typing. Nothing could make this day better. Oh wait, yes it could!

Benedict walked into my office, I stood up. He immediately smiled, his piercing blue eyes staring deeply at mine, embracing me and placing his lips on mine. They moved together and I felt in my element. I didn't have a worry in the world.

• • • • • • •

"Jenny! Wake up!" I suddenly felt something being thrown at my head. A pillow. I buried my head urgently into my cushion, desperately trying to relive my dream, I wanted it back!

"Urghh" I groaned, realising the fact that no matter how hard I try, I wasn't getting it back. It was going to be a long day.