Chapter Twenty Eight - Finale

Going the Distance - Chapter Twenty Eight

The End

"Hello." His cheeky grin was visible when I opened the door. His eyes gleamed under the light from our flat.

"Hello." I pushed my lips to his and they moved in sync. I hadn't seen him for a few days and I had missed him. His hand moved to behind my neck and mine to his shoulders.

"Are you ready?" He said, gently after we had finished.

"Yes, I am. I'm not too sure about Neve though." I replied, chuckling. Our faces were still close.

He smiled, looking deeper and deeper into my eyes.

"I'm ready!" Neve announced, walking out of her bedroom. I stepped away from Ben and grabbed my bag from the sofa.

We locked the door and made our way through London. We were going for coffee in Starbucks. Neve had more or less got over Matthew, and Mine and Benedict's relationship was better than ever. It was perfect.

As we all sat happily chatting, I realised that I had overcame so many obstacles in the past year and I had made it here.

I was proud.

••••

"Ben's taking me out tonight. It's our one year anniversary. Neve thinks that he is going to ask me to marry him but I'm not sure. He has been acting weird lately.

Neve has gotten over Matthew completely now and I am proud of her. She has even found a new love interest, a new employee at her job. His name is Steve. I'm happy for her, though. I just hope that she doesn't get her heart broken again.

Oh, and I'm doing fine. Everything is going great. I am enjoying life now. I love Benedict more than ever and he loves me too. He is nothing like my last boyfriend at all.

I just still can't believe that I met him by bumping into him one day. If I hadn't, my life would be completely different now. It's weird, isn't it? How one thing could change my future."

I played with the grass as I sat, talking. I went on and on about everything.

After about an hour, I looked at my watch. It was time for me to go. I stood up, unsteadily.

I leant down and touched the engravings in the thick marble stone.

"Goodbye Mum." Tears splashed into my eyes as my eyesight became blurred. I blinked and the tears fell onto my cheeks.

I placed ruby red flowers, her favourite, next to her gravestone and turned to walk away.

A few steps away from the stone, I turned my head and whispered;

"I love you"

------------------------

That is it! The end is here! The book is finished and I just want to thank every single person who has stuck by it. Thank you for giving me a chance with this book.

I am REALLY happy with how many reads it has had as well. For the last time, vote if you enjoyed.

Thank You and Goodbye!