Chapter Sixteen

Going the Distance - Chapter Sixteen

His House

I wasn't surprised to see how modern and beautiful his home was. I expected him to live in a house like that. It had a balcony and a spacious kitchen. It was extremely nicer than mine.

I strolled over to his snowy couch, admiring objects on the way.

"Your house is beautiful." I remarked, scrutinising everything.

"Thank you." He grabbed another bottle of red wine and perched next to me, placing the bottle and two glasses on the coffee table.

We talked our usual talk. Everything about our day, recent news etcetera. Until..

"Jenny, if you don't mind me asking," He looked at me, curiously. "What is it that you are doing for Christmas?"

Shit. I looked down at the floor, I would of done anything to avoid that topic.
What's the point in continuing to lie?

"Nothing." I sighed. I looked up to meet his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought that you would think I was a weirdo for not having any other friends."

"Why would I think that?" He put his arm around my shoulders, I cuddled into him.

"I don't even know." I remarked, He chuckled.

"Would you like to spend it with me, at my parents? You are more than welcome to." He grinned.

"Yes." I answered, embracing him straight away. He hugged back.

"Jenny?" I heard him say. I glanced up.

"Yes?" He smiled.

"Merry Christmas." I looked to the clock, it was midnight. I smiled.

"Merry Christmas."

We fell asleep on the couch, comfortably cuddled up together. I wouldn't have wanted to spend Christmas any other way.