Chapter Twenty

Going the Distance - Chapter Twenty

The Main Question

Everybody had left Ben's home and it was very messy. There were beer cans thrown on top of the counters in the kitchen and confetti from party poppers scattered on the oak floor. We were standing on his balcony. The view of London taking my breath away.

"Did you know that Matthew was going to propose, then?" I smiled.

"Yes, I did. I think I was the only one who knew." He remarked, grinning. "He asked me for permission to do it, and I accepted."

We were both leaning against the railings of the balcony, our arms touching. Both of us were glancing at the landscape in front of us.

"Jenny?" He glimpsed towards me. I didn't take my eyes away from the view.

"Yes?"

"Are we in a relationship now?" The question was a bit out-of-the-blue.

"Well, do you want me to be your girlfriend?" I turned my head to his direction, chuckling slightly.

"Yes." He took his arm from the railings of the balcony and moved it to my waist.

"Then the answer is yes, we are." I moved closer to him and he turned towards me, stationing both of his arms on my waist.

"Good." He smiled and leaned towards me, I shifted my arms around his neck and leaned in also. Our lips touched and started to dance, like they usually did. The feeling at the pit of my stomach returned and the butterflies fluttered. He had one hand at the small of my back whilst the other was still on my waist.

The wind was unusually calm and the new year lights of London were still ablaze at the side of us. It was beautiful.