Chapter Twenty Six

Going the Distance - Chapter Twenty Six

Love and Hope

Days, weeks went by. I hadn't seen Neve for so long. I had actually started to stop thinking about her.

Benedict would cheer me up, I would stay with him and he would comfort me. Whether that was cuddling on his sofa, eating takeaway with him at 3am or just sitting next to me and holding my hand. He was there for me and I was grateful.

He had always been there for me. But so had Neve.

That was what my problem was. Whenever I did something or thought of something. I would associate it with Neve.

For instance, if I was watching the television, I would think of mine and Neve's endless nights of watching seasons of our favourite shows or if I walked past a cinema, I would think of the first time we went to see a film together and she spilled and dropped the popcorn and drinks before we had even made it to our seats.

But then I would think of our argument. About how much it hurt me to see her so upset by what I had said. I had caused her distress and I was really ashamed of myself for that.

It was a Saturday night that Benedict had taken me out for dinner.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me, staring deep into my eyes. Stroking my cheek with his finger, a look of concern on his face.

"Yes, I'm fine." I replied, then he pushed my hair behind my ear and slowly placed his warm lips upon mine, the magical sensation that it brought to me the first time we kissed was still there. I loved him more then ever.

Then the kiss ended and he turned to open the door. The still moderately cool air of the outside flowing into his heated home.

He took my hand and I followed behind him, closing his front door behind. We walked down his steps and into the taxi that he had ordered. I glanced at him a number of times, just to admire him.

He was mine. I was his. The love we shared was strong and we hoped that it would remain that way. But I was sure that it was.