Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ryan

The annoying chirping sounds of birds wouldn't shut up this morning, giving me no other choice but to get up. I wasn't ready to go tonight the slightest. If it hadn't been for having fast healing, I would've broken my arm or something to get out of it.

"So let me ask you a question" Lavinia started as we all ate breakfast together. By all I mean Lavinia, Jason, Hunter and his mate Jordan, Jake and me. I Usually ate by myself, but made an exception at rare times.

"What?" I asked rudely, fixing myself a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, watch yourself how you talk to her" Jason defended her, making me roll my eyes. I was not in the mood to be polite, I rarely was anymore.

"You're this angry and grumpy all the time because you're sick of being alone, right?" she asked.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked rudely. Did people go out of their way to deliberately piss me off this morning?

"Let me finish you jerk. You obviously still want to find her, right? So because you haven't found her, you're too angry to go to the things that can help you with exactly that, right? You should want to go tonight, so why don't you?" she asked.

"If someone punched you in the gut, would you go back face to face with that said person?" I asked, not even bothering to look at her as I asked that. I had nothing against her, but she was the kind of person I didn't want around when I was in this mood. She was like the weather outside this morning. Eyes blue as the sky, and she was always all bubbly and smiling like the sun complimented her. We can also add to the list that she was as annoying like the chirping birds outside this morning.

"Okay fine, I'll get your point, but what is your plan then, because you do want to do something about it, right?" she asked.

"Can you just shut up about it?" I sighed irritated. Why had I even bothered to come down here today? I should have just eaten breakfast alone in my room.

"What's wrong with you Ryan? Be fucking nice to her alright?" Jason said angrily.

"It's fine Jason, he's just a big baby" she brushed it off.

She had taken it well when he had told her he was going tonight. They simply trusted each other, so she wasn't all that worried, but of course, with being human, the mate bond was quite different for her. At least I think so. Werewolves doesn't feel it stronger, but having an animalistic part of us, we're more of the territorial sense, and humans don't have that instinct.

"You're being kind of assholes this morning. You're his best friends so why deliberately push his buttons like that?" Jordan defended me. I was a little surprised by her taking the word. She was mostly quiet sometimes, much like Hunter. She was the total opposite of Lavinia. Quiet, brown eyes and light brown hair and didn't like being the center of attention.

"I'm just curious, that's all" Lavinia replied. "Besides, if I really wanted to piss him off I would tell him that he still hasn't gotten the information that it's a masked ball tonight?" she said, looking overly innocent around her, pretending she didn't know she had revealed the information on purpose.

"What? Oh hell no, I'm not dressing up like that!" I said.

"You weren't supposed to say that, now he's never going to go!" Jake complained.