Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Cindy

I can do this, I think. I can meet a guy's parent's, right? I mean, I know he's my soulmate and we're destined to be together and lead the pack, but that's no big deal. Oh, who am I kidding. I am a nervous wreck. Why did I suggest meeting them tonight of all times again?

I was supposed to dress casual for the dinner with his parents, but they were the leaders of this pack, I couldn't be formal, could I? To be honest, I probably would be most comfortable by serving them instead, but I have a feeling I won't be able to do that, since I was a guest for the first time I can remember.

"You know, they won't be disgusted as you say by seeing the bruise" Evelyn said as she helped me with my make-up since I was clueless about it. We had about the same skin-tone, so let me borrow hers. "I know, I just don't feel like it should be the topic of discussion tonight" I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry, my parents are cool. I don't know exactly what you've gone through, and I have a feeling it's not something good, but I can assure you that you're around people you can trust, and who cares about you now" she said while applying concealer on my face, careful about not putting to much pressure on the bruise.

"I know. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I still don't really know anyone here that well, at all, so I guess I just feel a little lonely. I know it takes time, but as human, I feel a little...on the outside if that makes sense" I answered.

"Don't worry, no one is offended by that. But that being said, you should probably talk to Lavinia, she's human too, she's been exactly where you are now, well, not exactly, but you know what I mean. She's a little blunt, but she's a really good friend" She answered.

"Yeah, I really like her. I should talk to her more about how to get used to all of this. Anyway, can I ask you a question?" I asked her. I felt really comfortable around Evelyn. She's really great.

"Of course, ask away" She answered as she worked on applying more make-up.

"Will everyone see me as weak? I mean, as a human. I'm pretty sure you werewolves are a lot stronger than humans" I asked. I didn't have any abilities at all that I could think of, but as far as I understood, they had loads of it.

"Weak? If you mean physically, they know you won't have the same strength, but nobody will care. The only thing that will matter is how you'll lead the pack, and I have a feeling you will be great at it, so I wouldn't worry. But just a warning, yes, you lack strength compared to werewolves, so be prepared for Ryan to be really super over protective of you" She chuckled.

I almost got alarmed. "Well, how over protective? I haven't really had anyone care about me that way since...a long time ago, can't be that bad, right?" I asked.

"Hey, don't worry. And if it gets too much, all you have to do is yell at him or guilt trip him or bring in the big guns by using tears" She chuckled.

I laughed too; "I probably won't ever want to guilt trip him, I owe him so much" I smiled.

She suddenly became serious as I said that; "I have to ask, since he didn't say much, but how bad was it?" She asked.

If everything went well, and Ryan and I actually ended up together, she would be my sister in law, so I could confide in her; "Okay, well, both my parents passed away when I was really young. My mother died before I was able to store some real memories of her, and my dad died when I was eight years old. My step mother, Janine, was his mate, and they both had kids from previous relationship. When he died, she was stuck with me, a reminder of how he had always had someone else before her." I sighed. "I was like a maid to them, but worse, I had nothing at all, It's all just a decade of abuse. I haven't even told Ryan everything that happened to me" I answered.