Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Cindy

I was rarely at Amber's house, so she was really surprised when she found me by the door. "Cindy, oh my god, what happened?" She asked. For just a moment, I had forgotten about the bruise that had darkened a lot more over the night and through the day.

"Oh, well, that's a part of the reason why I am here. Mariana did this last night. she completely lost it" I answered.

"Seriously. Damn, always hated that bitch, but now...well, come in, don't just stand there" She said and ushered me inside.

"Thanks" I answered. "Anyway. Did I ever tell you about Ryan, Jake's friend?" I asked and followed her into her kitchen.

"Ryan? No, don't think you've mentioned him before?" she answered and got down to cups from the cupboard. "Tea or hot chocolate?" She asked.

"That's okay, you don't have to make me anything" I answered. Even with her as my friend, I still wasn't used to have people do something for me.

"Hey, none of that, what would you like?" She asked.

"Okay fine, tea then" I answered with a small grateful smile.

"So what about this Ryan?" She asked.

"He's kind of been to the house several times actually. At first I thought he was friends with the family, not me of course. One time, he even asked to speak to me, and Janine got so angry. And you know, sometimes I like to talk a late night walk after they've gone to sleep and I started running into him, it was almost bizarre. Anyway, he revealed to me after some time he already knew me from the dance, and just wanted to get to know me, however weird that is" I said.

"Wait, so are you two friends or something?" She asked.

"Well, in a way I guess. I mean, I'm already friends with Jake and they know each other. Then, after last night, after this" I said and gestured to my bruise "I finally had enough. She even threatened to kill me and I'm actually without a doubt that she would do it if it ever came to that. But I called Jake last night after it happened" I said.

She raised an eyebrow and placed two steaming mugs on the table; "Really, what did he say?" She asked.

"He was angry, that's for sure, so was Ryan, and I ended up telling them everything and they were both pretty demandant that I should move, just get away" I answered.

"Did they now, did someone finally get through to you with the sensible thing to do?" She asked.

I smiled; "Actually they did. I'm...I'm moving out of town, a little far away" I answered.

"Wait, seriously? You really are moving?" She asked.

I nodded; "Yep. I know I have literally nothing, no money, basically zero possessions, but Jake and Ryan offered to help me out, turns out they're filthy rich and got angry if I didn't accept their help" I chuckled. I was lying just a tiny bit, since I couldn't tell her exactly who they were.

"You're moving out of town, with their help, two guys who you barely know? I know I encouraged you to get to know at least Jake, but are you sure this is safe?" She asked skeptically.

Was I sure moving in with possibly a pack of werewolves were safe? No, I wasn't, but I was sure I was safer there than staying at where I am now. "No, not really, but it's definitely way safer than continuing living with Janine, things are just going to get worse and worse there, it already has" I answered,