Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ryan

Meetings were usually boring, but now I wasn't even able to try and concentrate because my mind was stuck on Cindy. It would be easier when she was able to attend too, but right now, it will be too much in short time. She hasn't even met the pack yet.

"Ryan, are you listening?" Someone asked.

"Huh?" I answered and shook my head a little. Like I was in some sort of trance.

"Clearly not" It was my dad who had asked.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked.

He merely sighed but proceeded; "It's about alpha Alex. He said he would like to visit our pack for a meeting as soon as possible, and he also says we need to include Drake too" He said.

Drake was around my age, he was the son of an alpha from another pack, not too far from here. I furrowed my brows; "Okay but why? Did he mention anything else?" I asked.

"No, he just said it was very important, and we should keep it within this room for now. He wants to be here tomorrow" he explained.

"He couldn't tell anything else? That seems a little sketchy to me, and I need to know why I'm taking time out of the day tomorrow when I originally was going to spend it with Cindy" I answered aggravated.

"Ryan, I understand that, but you're taking over after me someday, and being alpha is then your job, same with Cindy, and this sounded very important. Besides, it won't take all day, alright?" He answered.

I sighed but agreed. I just didn't understand why he couldn't tell what it was about over the phone. "What about Cindy, will she be included in this, I don't want to keep secrets from her" I said.

"We'll see, but for now; don't mention it to her. We need to know what it is about first" He answered.

No one needed to say the words, but we understood whatever it was, it wasn't something good.

*

After the meeting I came down and was met with laughter coming from the living room. To my absolute surprise I saw Cindy and Lavinia laughing almost hysterically together. I couldn't do anything but admire the sight, and the sound of her laughter that I hadn't heard like this up until now. She didn't even realize I was standing in the doorway.

"Sooner or later, she's gonna' realize you're leering" A voice from beside me said, Evelyn.

"Yeah, I'm just enjoying this, seeing her smile" I said with a smile of my own. I should've known she and Lavinia would get along great. They do have one major thing in common after all.

"Oh, hey. Didn't notice you were back already" Cindy said, finally realizing my presence.

"I just got back from the meeting" I answered.

"How did it go?" She asked.

Of course, I couldn't tell the real thing, although I wish I could. Still, it's not like even I myself knew what was going on. "Okay, just a regular boring meeting is all" I said. I walked over to the couch where she was sitting and sat down beside her.

"Why isn't Jason back yet, wasn't he at the meeting?" Lavinia asked while eating chips.

"He went to the kitchen, or maybe somewhere else, don't know" I shrugged.