Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Jake

Everything was a mess. Without any actual clues, it was not easy to find Cindy, if we ever would. I already considered her one of my closest friends, so it's safe to say Ryan wasn't the only one feeling a bit lost at the moment, and angry.

I was also feeling pretty tired after being out for hours looking for her, so no matter how much I wanted to help find her, I would be no use if I was low on energy, so I was on my way to take a quick nap when my phone called. I looked at the screen, but the number was unknown to me, it wasn't a private one, but not one I had saved in my contacts either.

Curiosity got the best of me and I answered. "Hello?" I answered.

"Finally, someone picked up!" A woman's voice practically yelled as a greeting.

I frowned. "Sorry, who's this again?" I answered.

"Amber, Cindy's friend!" She said, her voice still loud. I still was' sure what was going on, but I for some weird reason felt an unfamiliar feeling rise in me.

"From where, I don't know you" I answered.

"Get a grip, I'm her best friend from her hometown, don't think I didn't swipe your numbers when she told me she was leaving town with you and that other dude when she came to say goodbye" She said. Damn, now I know. This must be that human friend she had from before. But why the hell is she calling me? Not that I am complaining. Woah, where did that come from?

"Okay, whatever it is, can you be quick, I'm kind of busy" I answered. Was I too rude to this stranger, and why did I suddenly care? I shook my head, I was way too tired for this.

"I don't know what the hell is going on, but I called Cindy last night around 3 am to catch up, but the call was suddenly interrupted after some weird sound and I can't get in contact with her. I know she's with either you or Ryan, but he isn't answering, and I am starting to get freaked out here, I just want to know that she's okay" She answered, instantly her voice softer, more worried. God, I wish I had some god news to give her, but I didn't. Should I even tell her, what if she called the cops, what if she already had?

"Uhm...don't do anything rash, I swear I'll call you back in max ten minutes" I said quickly and hung up. We might have a problem on our hands if she have involved others in this. So I quickly made my way to the office, hoping everyone working the case was still there.

*

Ryan

I was in the meeting room with my dad, trackers, warriors and all the best who wasn't out there looking, trying to piece this mystery together. Every second she was gone, I was torn more and more apart, and I couldn't handle it, but I had to for her. But still, I should be out there, looking. I shouldn't be sitting here. But when I was about to get up, Jake came running in, and what he said filled me with a spark of hope. "Dude, have you checked your phone?" He said.

"No?" I frowned. "Like what the hell man, I don't have time for that!" I answered.

"Do you even have it on you?" he asked.

"Seriously, I-" I stopped to think I had forgotten it in my room. "Why?" I asked.

"I got a call, from some girl, she said she's been calling you over 20 times the last few hours, she says it's about Cindy" he answered. "She called me like two minutes ago" He answered.