Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Cindy

If someone ever told me I would wake up in a luxurious penthouse suite at a hotel I would laugh in their face. What's even more surreal is the fact that it's not even my room, but Ryan's, who found out how bad I had it had home and invited me here.

Luckily, he had a whole suite, and even an extra bedroom for me. But I wouldn't have been mad to sleep at the couch. I'm just really grateful for him, he didn't even turn around and walk away when he found out how much of a nobody I was. I put on my clothes and opened the door and lightly stepped down the hallway into the luxurious living room. It was quiet here, so maybe he's in the kitchen. And I was right, I heard him whispering for some reason, but I didn't hear anyone respond. He was most likely on the phone. I was about to make my presence known, but when I heard few of the words he whispered I leaned against the wall on the right wall of the open doorway.

"I know, no, I don't think she's awake yet. I know I need to tell her now, or soon, but how can I do that now, after how she's had it, I don't want to scare her away" he uttered.

I frowned. I knew he was talking about me, and himself. Was he hiding something, a big bad secret he felt I needed to know, but wouldn't want me to? It' not really my place to question him after everything he's done for me, but I still had my ears sharpened. "I realize that, but this is not just about my family. This need to be set at her speed. I can't just drop the bomb on her that I'm a werewolf for crying out loud!" He whisper yelled.

My eyes widened before I blinked a couple of times. I must have heard wrong. Either that, or he's a mentally ill person who thinks he's a werewolf. "She will think I'm insane if I tell her that, and it'll make her leave me" he said. Leave him? Does he think we're together or something, because last time I checked, he wasn't my boyfriend.

"Shit" he said for some reason. "Nothing, I just got the urge to shift thinking about that happening" he said. I frowned and peeked around the corner. I didn't see anything unusual, but he was with his back against the door. It was when I saw his hands I felt dread fill me. Those nails weren't there yesterday, because now they were claws. I knew then he wasn't lying, or insane. I don't know how it was possible, but he really was a werewolf. So I did what any person would do in this situation; I bolted.

I think that had made my presence known because I heard him say my name; "Cindy? Shit, Cindy wait!" He yelled, but I was already by the door and threw it open and sprinted down the hallway. I turned around the corner to the elevator just in time to run into Jake. Of all people, he was here.

"Woah, you okay there?" he asked startled.

"No...no I...please help me, something is wrong with Ryan!" I stressed, I was so confused and terrified that I didn't know which way is up and down.

"Wait, what?" he asked, and now it was his turn to be confused.

"Cindy, I can explain!" Ryan called down the hall, and I knew he was getting closer.

"Jake, seriously, move, I need to leave!" I said and tried to push him away since he was currently blocking the elevator.

"Oh...don't tell me he did it" He said to himself and looked like he was just now realizing something.

"I don't know what you're talking about, just move!" I pushed him again, and I don't know if he was just not concentrated, but I managed to budge him out of the way, and frantically pushed on the button.