Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cindy

Ryan and I were on our way to the garden now. The introduction party had already started, and now it was time for us to show up. Never in my life had I expected to find someone to even take a little interest in me, but here I am, and a whole party for me to be introduced. "You okay?" He asked as we walked. I guess I had held his hand too hard.

"Oh sorry. Yeah, just a little nervous" I answered.

He smiled. "Don't worry. Everyone will love you" He answered.

"I just hope they think I'm okay enough, don't need everyone to love me" She answered.

"But they will. Just be yourself. Today is supposed to be fun, okay?" he answered.

"I know, just let me be nervous for a bit, I'll be fine" I answered.

We finally got outside. It was almost like a small balcony with stairs on each side that led to the garden. His parents were also there waiting for us. There was not even any need to say anything to get everyone's attention, since it was already on us the minute we stepped outside.

"Everyone. As you all know, after many years of searching, my son Ryan has finally found his match, his mate, Cindy. So as everyone knows, this party is for her to meet everyone and I expect everyone to be welcoming to her." Ryan's father spoke. "Now, there's no need for a long speech. Just enjoy today" he finished. I was thankful there wasn't any speeches or anything.

As soon as Ryan and I descended the stairs, the silent attention died down and people came up to talk to us. Everyone was really nice and wished me welcome to the pack. "I must say, it will be nice to not have any more birthday parties for him where he's just hiding in his room" Jason said. He and Lavinia had waited a little to talk to us until people were out of the way.

I looked to him; "You were hiding in your room?" I asked.

"Well...not the entire time" he defended himself.

"Oh, don't buy that Cindy, he was like full on sulking and being so grumpy the entire time. You finally being here is like a saving grace" Lavinia answered.

I had to smile a little, imagining Ryan throwing a temper tantrum like a little child.

"Well, at least the last part I can agree to" Ryan answered, making my cheeks flush red.

"So, do you mind if I borrow her for a second, you guys can talk or whatever" Lavinia said and dragged me away without even waiting for his reply. Okay then.

"So, how are you liking everyone?" She asked.

"Everyone's nice. I was really nervous, but didn't really have anything to worry about. But how come have no one asked me about the fact I'm human? I mean, I'm glad no one seems to have a problem with it, but I suspected people would have questions" I answered.

"That's because I think actually you question yourself more than they do. They got to know you're human, that's it. Look, if you were the first human in history to be a werewolf's mate, sure, they would question it. You're rare, but it happens" She answered.

"Guess that makes sense" I answered. "You know what, I could actually use a drink" I answered.

"Okay, sure, there's drinks over here" she answered and showed me a table with what I think was champagne filled glasses. I grabbed one and took a small sip. It tasted kind of fruity and sweet. "This is good, what is it?" I asked.