Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ryan

"Tell me one more time what you did?" I growled at Jake.

"Hey, back off, I did it to help you!" He defended himself.

"How is you buying stuff for my mate, and writing your phone number on one to the candy wrappers helping me?" I growled again.

"First of, we don't even know if that girl Cindy is your mate, and since she hasn't even met you before, I thought if she contacted me, I can get her in touch with you!" He said fiercely.

It was probably just stress and frustration that had me all riled up, but I hated the fact that Jake was the one that kept running into her. Why couldn't it happen to me too? All I had, was her almost knocking me to the ground by accident. "You better hope she doesn't take it the wrong way or fall for you, or I'm going to chop your head off!" I warned.

"But if my plans work, I hope you remember it was my idea" he said smugly. He obviously thought he was a genius.

After the dinner, I was filled with worry and stress for whatever is happening to my mate. I don't know if it was anything at all, but I got a really bad feeling while I was there.

I was feeling really uncomfortable where I was sitting, with her two twin daughters trying to get my attention away from the other. "So Ryan, how long are you planning on staying in town?" Janine asked.

"A few days I think" I answered. At least I hoped it won't take more than few days before I found out where my mate is hiding, and that I got a chance to talk with her.

"Well, maybe we can hang out sometime then, before you go back?" One of the twins said in a way that could only be described as flirting. I had no idea which one of them was Jane and who was Mariana. I didn't even care.

I found it a bit weird that they were both obviously trying to get with me, didn't they want to find their own mate? "Maybe, I don't know. I still have work to do while I'm here" I lied with a forced smile.

"Oh right, you probably have a lot to do since you're going to be alpha soon, right?" the other one asked. I wanted to roll my eyes so bad. If I weren't suspecting my mate was here somewhere, I would bolt the first chance I got.

"Yes, that's right" I answered. I feel bad for whoever is stuck with them. Then again, whoever that is would have chosen them anyway according to what Jason told me. I would still feel sorry for them, for not knowing better.

"If you excuse me, I'm going to see if the desserts is getting ready" Janine smiled and excused herself. The only upside so far is the food. It tasted really good to tell the truth. I was trying to block out the voices of the two sisters as they chatted on and on about meaningless things.

Instead, I tied concentrating on my mate, the memory of her in the blue dress and white mask at the dance. Just focusing on her got me more calm, but it all turned around completely when out of nowhere, my heartbeat sped up and I got a feeling that was a mix of nervousness and stress. What's going on?

I felt the urge to go somewhere, but I had no clue where! Is this the bond reacting, trying to tell me to go somewhere, to her, to Cindy, if it's really her? My hands got sweaty and I felt like I wanted to peel of my own skin to just feel something else than this.