Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ryan

I hadn't slept that night, and the night after that, I had gotten maybe 2 hours of sleep. Evelyn had gone home, but my friends and I had checked into a hotel the same night. I told them they didn't have to stay, considering they had mates back home, but they did anyway.

I had literally been out both days just looking. Hunter, Jake and Jason had all gone too, but so far, none of them had any luck. I was getting frustrated again. I must be cursed. Whether I had found her or not, she seems to have knack of being just gone.

"Hey guys, any news?" Jake asked. He had returned right after me.

"No, nothing" I grumbled, sitting in the sofa, staring into nothing.

"You know, I just walked into some girl outside. She actually looked a lot like Lydia, from what I could recognize though, it was hard to tell without the mask" he told, making my ears perk slightly up.

"And you didn't mind link me of this why?" I asked. What if it had been her?

"I was going to, I thought it was her at first, but then she said her name was Cindy. It was probably similarities because of the blonde hair or something" he answered.

My shoulder slumped in disappointment; "Then why are you telling me this?" I sighed. There was no point in telling something that resulted in another dead end.

"Because it made me think. I was the only one who really saw her that night, and that was still with a mask on. Maybe we should pull an old Cinderella trick and ask people to try it on?" he suggested.

"Who are we even going to ask? Are we going to stop random girls on the street and ask if they could try on a mask?" Hunter said, not quite on board with the idea.

"Not weirder than looking for her without a clue either" I said. "Anything to find her" I added.

"Or...we could go ask whoever hosted it for a copy of the guest list. If her name is not on there, we'll definitely know she snuck in and therefore confirms the theory of her being human. If her name is on it, we'll just take it from there" Jason joined the conversation.

"Maybe it's a place to start" I agreed; "But if we find out that she really is a human, how did she know about the dance then? How is that going to help me find her?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Obviously she must have heard about it from someone involved. My guess is that she knows someone there without knowing about them being werewolves, or something like that" Jason answered.

"Okay, let's go and find out if we can get that list" Jake agreed. I knew everyone was just hoping this second search would go quick. Especially Hunter and Jason since they both wanted to get back to Lavinia and Jordan.

*

I knocked on the door. I had gotten the address from my dad after I had asked if he knew which family from this pack was hosting it. I have to say, the house was big, almost like a small mansion. Must be a wealthy family. One of those who chose to not stay in a pack house. A few packs are like that. In mine, most people decided to stay in the pack house.

Finally someone answered the door. It was a woman. She had a very...pointy look, with her hair brushed back in a straight ponytail or something and she just had very sharp features. All in all, I didn't get a good vibe from her, not just based on looks.