Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Ryan

"Hey, and there he finally is...alone?" Jason said. I wasn't surprised to see my friends here. I guess they were happy on my behalf now, knowing I wouldn't be in such bad mood all the time anymore. "Where is she man, I thought she was coming with you?" He asked.

"She's just sleeping, she said she was kinda tired. It's just a lot for her to take in so she doesn't feel ready to meet anyone just yet" I answered. Hell, I'm surprised she already accepted the truth about what I am.

"But she's alright then, with all of this?" Hunter asked. "Jake told us she freaked out at first" he added.

I sat down at one of the free chairs. "She's alright with it, for now, or maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet and she'll freak out again later. I mean, she hasn't said it but...I think she feel kind of betrayed that her father never told her" I answered.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

I suddenly remembered I hadn't updated them on everything; "Yeah well, her dad was human, and his mate a werewolf. That's how she winded up with werewolves after her father's death, just step family, and her father never told her" I answered. Just the thought of them got me angry.

"Shit...hey, are you okay? You look sort of angry?" Jason commented.

"Well, he has reasons, trust me" Jake said.

"What reasons?" Hunter asked.

I debated on whether or not to tell them, if Cindy would want me to. They would know anyway sooner or later; "Yeah she...she called me, but I didn't answer because I was sleeping at the time. However, Jake picked up, and it was in the middle of the night. It was the night before I had to tell her. Anyway, she literally fled from her house in the middle of the night because someone, her step sister had beaten the shit out of her. I'm surprised her nose isn't broken" I almost growled.

"What, seriously?" Jason's eyes went wide. "A werewolf did that, to her, a human, and she's still breathing?" he said shocked. "Man, if someone had done that to Lav...I would for sure kill that person" He mumbled.

"Believe me, I would've, but they were not rogues or anything, if I killed them, there would for sure occur problems" I sighed. "I just didn't want to deal with them for a second longer, I just wanted to get Cindy out of there" I added. "I was right about my theory" I said.

"Are you serious, was tings really that bad?" Jason asked.

I nodded; "It was, but I probably shouldn't tell you guys so much without talking to her about it first, not really my story to tell" I answered. "Same for you Jake since you already know" I told him. "Anyway, I should probably go check on her" I said.

I know she was most likely asleep, but I still just wanted to be sure everything was alright. Her life has after all changed a lot in the last few days.

*

She was sound asleep, so I was careful to not make any noise to wake her up, so I just sat down on the edge of the bed. Right now, she just looked peaceful, like she finally had time to let go a little and rest. I wondered how much she has really suffered all these years, to grow up without any love at all, except from one friend. I may just have to ease her very carefully into my life. I just hope it won't be too much of her. If she accepts me, she also accept the role as a leader with me of this pack.